Cfb Douche Of The Year Award

JesseMartin

True, we have a couple of days' worth of NCAA Football left, but I think enough has happened that you can probably name the douchiest person/moment of the year.

My vote: Mack Brown's comments before the TCU game.

Runner-up: Mack Brown's stepson trying to recover the ball from the sideline.

Honorable mention: Both coaches in the "onside kick/middle finger" incident.

Positive douche (jerk for a good reason): Gundy. I loved the rant; that's a guy to play for and support, backing up his guys all the way.

Lots of coaches do some douchy things to get bigger contracts and not follow through on commitments(can't say that I wouldn't do some of those things for some extra bucks)...but Bobby Petrino takes the douchiest of the douchy for 2007 for me... Congrats Bobby. I hope you don't get any recruits and every game you have at Arkansas is just like the cotten bowl.

My vote... Coach Mendoza.

Forget he had one of the worst defenses in the history of college football (not my statements, Arkansas, Navy, and Oklahoma Media said so), and forget that he took a 65th ranked defense and made them 117th... He gets my vote for that crap he pulled at Fouts with FFR's son standing right next to him? What kind of coach shows any aggression towards a fan in front of a child?

If I had three votes, Mendoza would get all three...

GMG!!!

Lots of coaches do some douchy things to get bigger contracts and not follow through on commitments(can't say that I wouldn't do some of those things for some extra bucks)...but Bobby Petrino takes the douchiest of the douchy for 2007 for me... Congrats Bobby. I hope you don't get any recruits and every game you have at Arkansas is just like the cotten bowl.

How can Petrino be considered any douchier than Todd Graham?

DRUG COMPANYS

There is a story in the ST http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/story/387562.html

about former TCU and Kansas City Chief, Sherrill Headrick, who is battling cancer.

In the story they talk about him being treated with Thalodimide, which was an anti-nausea drug in the late 50's.

The drug was taken off the market because it caused birth defects. It's been sitting on the shelf since then, until

they decided to try it on cancer tumors.....and it works very well. The cost? 4200.00 per month!

Now, if pregnant women took it as an anti-nausea drug back in the 50's, how much could it have cost? They didn't have to develop the drug again.

It has the same name, so it's the SAME DRUG!

Now it's $4200.00 per month!?!?

This just proves the old saying about how much we would be paying for aspirin if the drug companys were just now introducing it to the public. We'd be paying a lot.