I Was Green In A Sea Of Puke Orange

bflan

I went to the game last night....and for the most part, saw what I expected. I expected us to get down big early, watch UT keep their lead throughout the game...we lose by 15-20. BUT!!! Here were my surprises:

1) White, as you know, was incredible. UT faithful sitting all around me kept yelling to guard the guy. I LOVED it! He sure looks like a special player. I had no idea....

2) When we closed the gap to 9 points....the place was pretty stunned. We rebounded, made shots, and you could see that the players knew they could run with those guys. Again...I just didn't expect that kind of run, or the confidence to pull it off. YOU MUST UNDERSTAND...UT's backcourt is something to watch. Augustin and Abrams are sooooo smooth. I really love Augustin's play. Last year, Durant got all the press. But, it was Augustin, I think, who has the bigger upside.

3) James was a nonfactor in my book. Even with foul trouble, our players were physical and fearless. Remember, James was a Parade Magazine's all american along with Durant and he was not impressive last night.

4) The Ref's sucked...oh, well. Could have been much worse.

The Austin American-Statesman said several nice things, even while mostly glossing over the win as somewhat routine. First, the said we would be back in this year's NCAA tourney. And second, they noted that we were not the usual early December visiting team cupcake that is typically scheduled, noting some of our nice wins on the season.

By the way...we outplayed them the last 31 minutes of this game!

My son and I had a great time. After a long and pretty crummy football season....this is going to be fun!! I will, for the first time, drive up from Austin to catch a home game this season!!

Edited by bflan