Mean Green

chrisfisher

A few thoughts about this weekend and the upcoming UT game........I am very eager to see how we play over the weekend. I've expressed my concern that, despite our great wins, our overall team shooting has been lousy. I really think this came home to roost at the UTA game, especially since Dennis was out. I REALLY hope Dennis is back in the line up this weekend - not that we do not have capable guards to fill in - they just haven't shot that well save White & Thompson. I also hope that Willingham and McCoy (especially McCoy) find their shot this weekend. Based on our early excellent play against OSU and Indiana State and Texas' slow start, I liked our chances to pull off the upset; however, given our poor performance against UTA, I'm going to have to withhold judgment/predictions until after this weekend. I can't tell you how much I'd love to beat Texas, and how much it would boost support for future games from casual fans. A real bright spot this season: free throw shooting; A real problem this season: turnovers.

Edited by chrisfisher

Our 3 point shooting was nothing to write home about...

Four of 14 isn't good - but by the same token that isn't a whle lot of attempts(especially after UTA). We were shooting and making more mid range shots, so the 3 wasn't as critical to nail. We were 46% from the floor, which is respectable.

Edited by CMJ

Four of 14 isn't good - but by the same token that isn't a whle lot of attempts(especially after UTA). We were shooting and making more mid range shots, so the 3 wasn't as critical to nail. We were 46% from the floor, which is respectable.

Agreed.

Coach Jones sounds a bit frustrated.

I've never heard him speak like this.... I'd glad to hear to it.... in past, he has brushed off loses... not tonight.... the players are going to get grilled in practices now....