Texas Tech Beats Oklahoma

Varsity

If you truly want to see a house of cards tumble, let's wait and see what happens next week when Mizzu and Kansas square up. If Kansas loses, your only undefeated team is ... drum roll please ... Hawaii. Of course, Hawaii must beat Boise State next week. I'd say those are perhaps your biggest games for next week in how the B©S will really shape up.

If Kansas wins out, they rightfully deserve a shot at the title. Doesn't really matter what happens with Hawaii. Of course, if Kansas loses in the National Championship game and Hawaii wins its bowl game, you get a perfect storm.

If Kansas loses, but Hawaii remains undefeated, you have the perfect storm. Fans everywhere will point to Hawaii with the perfect record and see a faux National Champion who will most likely be 13-1 (since most teams have a conference championship game).

If both teams lose, well ... there are plenty of 1 loss teams that will feel awfully jaded that they didn't get asked to the prom.

In order for there not to be chaos and anarchy amongst the FBS ranks, Kansas must win its next 2 games.

KU VS LSU the the BSC Chap.

Hawaii should get a BSC game if the go undefeated.

There will be a furor if Hawaii goes undefeated and does not get a BCS game. I still can not figure out how anyone can rank a 3 loss team in the Top 12 (Florida). Yes they are good but come on they have 3 losses.

If you truly want to see a house of cards tumble, let's wait and see what happens next week when Mizzu and Kansas square up.

If Kansas wins out, they rightfully deserve a shot at the title. Kansas must win its next 2 games.

I agree.

Both teams must win out to have any shot at a BCS bowl.

Keep this in mind, Kansas has not played any of the 'big dog' teams in the B12 south this year, unless you count aTm, which was a close win for KU. Missouri has played Tech (win) and OU, (loss).

If Kansas gets by Missouri, and win the B12 championship game, they will probably get a shot as they'll be undefeated. If they lose either one of those games, they might not get a BCS bowl even with one loss.

They've been going off on this on SportsCenter for weeks. The problem with Hawaii is that they have barely beaten ANYBODY. Only a couple of teams they took on even have winning records. They basically said Hawaii needs to schedule some tougher non-conference games instead of pushovers to add to point and record totals.

If Kansas loses, your only undefeated team is ... drum roll please ... Hawaii. Of course, Hawaii must beat Boise State next week.

If Kansas loses, but Hawaii remains undefeated, you have the perfect storm. Fans everywhere will point to Hawaii with the perfect record and see a faux National Champion who will most likely be 13-1

I don't see a perfect storm if Hawaii goes undefeated. They cannot point to their schedule and justify a BCS bowl bid over a 1 loss LSU or even Kansas--though their schedule is not exactly murderers row, either.

They've been going off on this on SportsCenter for weeks. The problem with Hawaii is that they have barely beaten ANYBODY. Only a couple of teams they took on even have winning records. They basically said Hawaii needs to schedule some tougher non-conference games instead of pushovers to add to point and record totals.

Totally agree. Hawaii's schedule is embarassing.

This season has been a great argument for a playoff system. I reiterate my idea for one:

10 conferences of 12 teams each

+Mandatory conference championship games utilitzing the minor bowls

+1 automatic bid from every conference championship to the big dance,

+4 at-large bids for the highest ranked non-conference champion

----------------------------------------------------------------

A 16-team single elimination tournament using the traditional bowls

In order for there not to be chaos and anarchy amongst the FBS ranks, Kansas must win its next 2 games.

No, Kansas must win their next 3 games. If they lose in the National Title game there could still be grumbling.

And don't be so quick to cheer a Tech win last night. Had OU stayed undefeated that would have put 2 BCS top five teams in Kansas' path to end the season instead of just 1. There are still those out there that want to see Kansas held out of the national title game and now a Big XII championship win looks a bit less convincing.

I don't see a perfect storm if Hawaii goes undefeated. They cannot point to their schedule and justify a BCS bowl bid over a 1 loss LSU or even Kansas--though their schedule is not exactly murderers row, either.

The reason Hawaii is a perfect storm IMO is that after all the games have been played, after all the trophies have been given out, people will still have that "what if ..." on Hawaii (assuming they go undefeated). The only way this is resolved is on the field. The way the B©S works now leaves itself wide open to speculation. I get tired of relying on a popularity contest to crown a National Champion.