One Reason To Keep Watching This Season

TheColonyEagle

Yesterday on the ticket, the hardline was talking about the ASU game and what a tough season it's been for Coach Dodge and the Mean Green and then Corby had this interesting nugget:

If we give up 60 points total in the final 2 games, we will have given up more points in a season than any team in COLLEGE FOOTBALL HISTORY.

Let me repeat that: In COLLEGE FOOTBALL HISTORY.

This has to be a source of motivation.

Come on D!!!!

Most points allowed in a 12 game season: 566 by Eastern Michigan in 2002

Most points allowed per game average: 50.3 by U. Louisian Lafayette in 1997

We are currently sitting at 477 total points given up averaging 47.7 points per game, with two games left.

To break the record we only have to give up 90 points, or 45 a game.

By the way, I noticed while looking up the records that the NCAA doesn't have "Leon" Covington listed as one of the two players with a 100 plus yard fumble returned for a touchdown? Gotta get in contact with them about this.

Rick

Most points allowed in a 12 game season: 566 by Eastern Michigan in 2002

Most points allowed per game average: 50.3 by U. Louisian Lafayette in 1997

We are currently sitting at 477 total points given up averaging 47.7 points per game, with two games left.

To break the record we only have to give up 90 points, or 45 a game.

By the way, I noticed while looking up the records that the NCAA doesn't have "Leon" Covington listed as one of the two players with a 100 plus yard fumble returned for a touchdown? Gotta get in contact with them about this.

Rick

Well not breaking that record gives us something to shoot for. But, really if we break it...is it that big of a deal? I mean, yes, we've had bad defense this year. We all know that. Is somehow having the statistical worst defense ever (point-wise) going to be some kind of black mark on our school? Nope. 99.9% of the posters on this board (myself included) couldn't have told you that Eastern Michigan held the previous record (without looking it up).

So there.

I just don't see us doing it. Coach Mendoza and the staff made a huge leap this past week in my oppinion. We won't give up 45 plus to the next two opponents so you can put the idea that we will break it to sleep.

Rick

I agree especially with 118. Florida Int'l in total offense left on our schedule.

Yesterday on the ticket, the hardline was talking about the ASU game and what a tough season it's been for Coach Dodge and the Mean Green and then Corby had this interesting nugget:

If we give up 60 points total in the final 2 games, we will have given up more points in a season than any team in COLLEGE FOOTBALL HISTORY.

Let me repeat that: In COLLEGE FOOTBALL HISTORY.

This has to be a source of motivation.

Come on D!!!!

Does anyone know were Grego is?

Well not breaking that record gives us something to shoot for. But, really if we break it...is it that big of a deal? I mean, yes, we've had bad defense this year. We all know that. Is somehow having the statistical worst defense ever (point-wise) going to be some kind of black mark on our school? Nope. 99.9% of the posters on this board (myself included) couldn't have told you that Eastern Michigan held the previous record (without looking it up).

So there.

agreed. just like 99% of the posters on this board couldn't tell you who has the record for most turnovers given up in a season.

Remember a few years ago, what's-his-name, Hawaii's old QB, was going to break some TD or passing yards record, I forget which, and people were debating if it should be allowed since they already had 12-game seasons instead of the 11 everyone else was still playing?

I don't think an asterisk or debate or anything would be a good idea, especially since...well, do we really want to draw any more attention to it than necessary?

Though I agree, I don't see us giving up 30 to FIU.

ESPN.com bottom 10 pillow fights of the year, 6 of the Bottom 10 teams play each other in the next couple weeks. Us vs. FIU, Duke vs. Notre Dame, and Idaho vs. Utah State.

Now that's just sad and sick. Especially since we went from a Power 16 a few years ago back to the Bottom 10.