Unt System Gets Three New Regents

UNTLifer

Guest GrayEagleOne

Hard to tell if this is a positive for athletics or not. One is a College of Business graduate. Time will tell I suppose.

One-third of the group should not be a problem. Don Buchholz donated a half-million toward building the Athletics Center.

I am really sorry to see Bobby Ray leave the Board of Regents. He had a lot of interest in athletics and was a major reason that our athletic department building was built at the time that it was. While others were saying "wait until we have the money in the bank to build it" Bobby Ray led the Board of Regents by saying "let's build it and find the way to pay for it". They got a little creative with the finances of the university and the athletic department building was constructed much quicker then it otherwise would have been. I think we will miss his leadership a lot.

I am really sorry to see Bobby Ray leave the Board of Regents. He had a lot of interest in athletics and was a major reason that our athletic department building was built at the time that it was. While others were saying "wait until we have the money in the bank to build it" Bobby Ray led the Board of Regents by saying "let's build it and find the way to pay for it". They got a little creative with the finances of the university and the athletic department building was constructed much quicker then it otherwise would have been. I think we will miss his leadership a lot.

The old athletic building was very outdated and small (aka Fouts). The New AC was very much needed; but we are very fortunate it was built new and didn't end up in a refurbushed Printing Bldg next to Fouts, as was the original plan. When the golf course property reverted back to NT the BOR quickly changed directions on athletic facilities and designed Eagle Point. A very bold move, but needed. When we finally do get a new football stadium over there (and maybe baseball too some year) it will become the envy of many colleges.

Edited by NT80

I am too. He is a a major supporter (and donor) of athletics at NT. Hopefully the people that are replacing him feel the same way.

Edited by Green Lantern

The only upside to Bobby Ray leaving is not hearing him tell the same bad jokes at graduation. I think the man had EVERY strong point EXCEPT humor.

Marjorie Craft came to the NAACP and had a few tough questions thrown at her, and some big changes happened within weeks, which is fast. I'm curious as to why she had such a short tenure on a Board that tends to have extremely long-term members.

As far as the new members go, time will tell. In any appointed public office, even one so specifically tied to an area/group/school/etc, some people act in ways in office that may seem very out of character based on previous positions, offices, and so forth.