Something Has To Be Done!

agw0038

after crowd like last nights anything else is unacceptable. Obviously this was a highly anticipated game but something has to be done to keep this fire going. Last nights attendance should be a regularity at the super pit. The basketball team is doing their job and now its time for us to do ours. The challenge is getting those fair-weather fans to come to the game consistently. Yes... one can argue that if they weren't going in the bad times we don't need them in the good times but i think we do. I'd like to see the super pit rocking every home game. And don't even get me started on double headers, especially if the ladies turn it up a notch.

I dont know how villareal wants to handle this but something has to be done.

While I would love to see crowds like that for every game, this all goes back to our conference affiliation and who we draw for home games.

Look at the Navy game at Fouts. No way in hell will we ever draw a crowd like that when we play Florida Atlantic or MTSU.

We need to get out of the Belt. Dominate basketball for the next few years and get the football program back on top.

Hmmm...well since there are no conference openings...and a school that offers five mens athletic programs probably isn' the most attractive candidate, lets stick to the topic at hand.

I don't know how active the Athletic Department is in the dorms, but from my days I remember the extent of the athletic events advertising was a indiscriminant poster taped on the community board. That needs to be the place to start: send the cheerleaders, or better...dance team, dorm storming and/or create some sort of compition between halls. After that hit up the fraternities and sororities...you can get into meetings and announce up coming events...again use the dance team in the fraternity meetings and some basketball players in the sorority meetings (the players would get a kick out of the reception they would get)...and the Greeks are insecure by nature and only feel comfortable traveling in packs...they'd bring good numbers.

Hmmm...well since there are no conference openings...and a school that offers five mens athletic programs probably isn' the most attractive candidate, lets stick to the topic at hand.

I don't know how active the Athletic Department is in the dorms, but from my days I remember the extent of the athletic events advertising was a indiscriminant poster taped on the community board. That needs to be the place to start: send the cheerleaders, or better...dance team, dorm storming and/or create some sort of compition between halls. After that hit up the fraternities and sororities...you can get into meetings and announce up coming events...again use the dance team in the fraternity meetings and some basketball players in the sorority meetings (the players would get a kick out of the reception they would get)...and the Greeks are insecure by nature and only feel comfortable traveling in packs...they'd bring good numbers.

That's a great idea, why don't you coordinate it. Call the cheerleaders and/or dance team and TELL them they need to volunteer more of their time to the University, which isn't even gving them scholarships, to get people out to games.

The above comment is meant as sarcasm, but it takes someone to organize these things. Heck the Athletic Department has to pay the pep band. Those students don't even volunteer their time to be at the game and they're supposed to be representing the school.