Highlights On Sportscenter

UNT Mean Green

I can't watch anymore of that....what a joke.

Your handle is GoMeanGreen1999. I shall assume, for the purposes of this post, that indicates you graduated in 1999. If so, then how in the hell did you make it through your undergraduate career? The mate '90's were some of the worst football I have seen. Some of those Big West games don't hold a flame to this because:

* I now live in California, and watched this game on the internet. The AD has really gotten the athletic presentation aspect of this thing together.

* 26,000+ plus fans jammed into Fouts to watch this game. I have seen UNT teams with similar records not draw 1,500.

* I saw a UNT quarterback throw the ball more than 20 times in the first half. I have seen previous UNT teams not throw that many times during multiple games.

Now, this is a re-building process. that's what happen when coaches mail-in recruiting (that's why they get fired). Re-building is not a joke. Its the future of the program. There are some obvious holes in the plan (like parts of the defense); but all-in-all things look pretty bright.

So my question is, if the 2007 team is a joke to you; what adjective/adverb did you use to describe the teams that you watched while you were a student? What did you use to describe the last 2 DD fielded teams (when he refused to change his approach, in light of the need for change)?

Your handle is GoMeanGreen1999. I shall assume, for the purposes of this post, that indicates you graduated in 1999. If so, then how in the hell did you make it through your undergraduate career? The mate '90's were some of the worst football I have seen. Some of those Big West games don't hold a flame to this because:

* I now live in California, and watched this game on the internet. The AD has really gotten the athletic presentation aspect of this thing together.

* 26,000+ plus fans jammed into Fouts to watch this game. I have seen UNT teams with similar records not draw 1,500.

* I saw a UNT quarterback throw the ball more than 20 times in the first half. I have seen previous UNT teams not throw that many times during multiple games.

Now, this is a re-building process. that's what happen when coaches mail-in recruiting (that's why they get fired). Re-building is not a joke. Its the future of the program. There are some obvious holes in the plan (like parts of the defense); but all-in-all things look pretty bright.

So my question is, if the 2007 team is a joke to you; what adjective/adverb did you use to describe the teams that you watched while you were a student? What did you use to describe the last 2 DD fielded teams (when he refused to change his approach, in light of the need for change)?

I don't always (or, maybe even usually) agree with GMG1999, but one thing you absolutely cannot accuse him of is being in any way tolerant/accepting/satisfied with any aspect of Dickey's performance during the past two years.

The defensive game plan was a joke. This defense is a joke. Giving up 79 points to OU on the road in Mendoza's first game of the season is somewhat (albeit a very little) understandable - giving up 74 points, at home, in game 9 of the season, with more than half of your starters returning on a defense that was ranked 64 last season, is unacceptable. Plain and simple.

As for DD - there aren't words to really describe that mess. Been attending UNT games all of my life, and have never witnessed defensive play as I did tonight. Come to think of it, I am not sure I have ever witnessed any team give up that many points and yards doing the same thing over and over and over again.

The defensive game plan was a joke. This defense is a joke. Giving up 79 points to OU on the road in Mendoza's first game of the season is somewhat (albeit a very little) understandable - giving up 74 points, at home, in game 9 of the season, with more than half of your starters returning on a defense that was ranked 64 last season, is unacceptable. Plain and simple.

As for DD - there aren't words to really describe that mess. Been attending UNT games all of my life, and have never witnessed defensive play as I did tonight. Come to think of it, I am not sure I have ever witnessed any team give up that many points and yards doing the same thing over and over and over again.

Do you have a quota in mind tonight? I mean, for complaints about the defense. They're all the same thing. I'm not saying. I'm just saying. So I can just sniff through them all a little bit quicker.