Nt Fb Players, Turnover, Problems

OldTimer

One thing I am proud of our team this year...in spite of the score our players have not given up in a game....they have played their hearts out. The following is not meant to smear any player, but to point out the problems Coach Dodge and staff have been faced with.

1. Safety Roy Loren....quit the team before the season started.

2. Kicker Steven Woodward...quit the team before the season started.

3. QB Woody Wilson....quit the team before the season started.

4. CB Gary Oubre....played in two games ...quit and is no longer on team.

5. OL Ajani Banks...early season, grades? condition, ? As far as I know he hasn't played...?

6. Eddrick Gilmore...early season, grades, conditon ? has played in 5 of our 8 games now and playing great.

7. CB Dominque Green...on early suspension, now on indefinate suspension , played in 6 games...I heard Coach Dodge left the way for him to come back to the team

8. CB Desmon Chatman on indefinate suspension, played in 7 games..I heard Coach Dodge left the way for him to come back to the team.

9. LB Colt Mahon...will undergo shoulder surgery...out for the season

10. Center Kelvin Drake injured in last game..will be back when ?

11. LB Toby Nwigwe...played in only 6 games...legal problems but is playing?

12. OL Tyler Baily out for last game auto accident concusion...assume he will be tack for Navy

13. Several players have had the stomach flu and missed parts or entire games.

If I am incorrect on any of these please let me know. I'm just trying to demo the problems NT has had this year...don't know if this much is normal....it seems like in the past there were a lot of grade problems each year keeping them ineligible or off the team and injury problems.

Completely agree. This team has never given up in a game that I have seen and that 's a great test of character on the coaches and their part.

On the above list.

I believe Woodward was lost to grades, and Foster, in part was because of grade issues as well.

Rick

FFR, never did any of us expect that this would be such a season of purging from a most non-disciplined past; moreso than any would believe with all the horror stories I've been told the last year. Attrition numbers that Charles has listed in his thread-starting post are unreal and do play a huge part in what has happened to our team, specifically defense.

The best is yet to come--but we just have to overcome all this other stuff for now.

Go Mean Green!