The Word

foutsrouts

My brother, a rabid NT fan, had to be in Houston tonight on business and TRIED to listen to the game on the Conroe, Tx arm of the Mean Green radio network. He tells me that he was listening to a close game driving through downtown Houston at the end of the third quarter, when suddenly the song Hallelujah Hallelujah began playing. He thought it was just a break in the action, but that was not the case as the game was no longer being broadcast on that channel. Now I'm a fairly religious guy myself, and attend church on a fairly regular basis, but they need to either broadcast our games or not broadcast our games. I've experienced the same thing in the past for both our B-ball and F-ball games. It would be nice to know if you're going to be cut off in the heat of the action. I've sent them my two cents on the subject, and have included their email address below for anyone else who thinks that this should change. Maybe RV needs an email also.

comments@thewordfm.com

My brother, a rabid NT fan, had to be in Houston tonight on business and TRIED to listen to the game on the Conroe, Tx arm of the Mean Green radio network. He tells me that he was listening to a close game driving through downtown Houston at the end of the third quarter, when suddenly the song Hallelujah Hallelujah began playing. He thought it was just a break in the action, but that was not the case as the game was no longer being broadcast on that channel. Now I'm a fairly religious guy myself, and attend church on a fairly regular basis, but they need to either broadcast our games or not broadcast our games. I've experienced the same thing in the past for both our B-ball and F-ball games. It would be nice to know if you're going to be cut off in the heat of the action. I've sent them my two cents on the subject, and have included their email address below for anyone else who thinks that this should change. Maybe RV needs an email also.

comments@thewordfm.com

Maybe God thought he should worship instead of listen to the game :)

comments@thewordfm.com

Not sure what station he was listening to because KWRD FM 100.7 broadcast the entire game, plus the post game show. The Houston area station is KAFR FM 88.3, a non-commercial station.

Not sure what station he was listening to because KWRD FM 100.7 broadcast the entire game, plus the post game show. The Houston area station is KAFR FM 88.3, a non-commercial station.

I tuned into KAFR 88.3 at 6:45pm last night and didn't hear one second of the game, just a talk show. The week of the ULM game, I listened to the first half, tuned in for the second half and it was their normal broadcasting. Not sure who is in charge of the MGRN, but the Conroe station isn't doing their job.

comments@thewordfm.com

It bring back memories of the Heidi Game back in 1968 when the Jet were playing Oakland and Oakland was down by two touchdown with a few minutes left in the game and NBC interupted the game to show the movie Heidi and Oakland came back with two minutes left and won the game. There were alot of angry fans.

I tuned into KAFR 88.3 at 6:45pm last night and didn't hear one second of the game, just a talk show. The week of the ULM game, I listened to the first half, tuned in for the second half and it was their normal broadcasting. Not sure who is in charge of the MGRN, but the Conroe station isn't doing their job.

I was driving back from Houston last night and I was trying to catch the game on 88.3 and I didn't get squat about the game from it. Someone does need to bugger KAFR about doing their job down there.

Guest Aquila_Viridis

He tells me that he was listening to a close game driving through downtown Houston at the end of the third quarter, when suddenly the song Hallelujah Hallelujah began playing.

comments@thewordfm.com

It was divine intervention. Our merciful Lord wanted to spare him from the rest.

I think that both 88.3 (Conroe) and 100.7 (Dallas and Longview) are affiliated "Word" stations. Never had a problem with 100.7, but I've never been able to rely on 88.3. I agree that they should either cover North Texas sports or forget it. Maybe it's just the mattress man messing with us for a sick taste of revenge. <_<

My brother, a rabid NT fan, had to be in Houston tonight on business and TRIED to listen to the game on the Conroe, Tx arm of the Mean Green radio network. He tells me that he was listening to a close game driving through downtown Houston at the end of the third quarter, when suddenly the song Hallelujah Hallelujah began playing.

comments@thewordfm.com

That must have been the time when our defense forced a 3-out! :D