Arkansas Beat Chattagnooga

GrandGreen

Powerhouse Arkansas beat 1aa Chattanooga 34-15 gaining 393 net yards to Chattanooga's 188. Further illustrating that NT is without competition the worst defensive team in the nation. If losing and giving up 38 points to an awful and crippled win-less ULL team wasn't enough proof. This mades Chattanooga 1-4 for the year with other losses to Jacksonville St., the Citadel, and Carson Newman.

Edited by GrandGreen

And not related to the subject in any way, Tarleton State beat SFA on Sept 1st and Abilene Chrsitian beat Texas State Sept 8th. It would suck to lose to a DII program wouldn't it?

Rick

I am just glad that NT doesn't play any D2 and we would have to find out. I suppose it would be worse for a 1aa (old designation) to get beat by a Div 2 because the scholarship disparity is even greater that a 1aa playing a 1a. Scholarships allowed, 1a 85, 1aa 63, and DivII 34.

Fireman rick has a lot of passion. I respect the hell out of that. Rick, if you were Dodge, what would be your call on the defensive scheme, defensive decisions etc? You have all the facts and figures but what does UNT do about it. What's your take? Seriously, what would you like to see done.

Fireman rick has a lot of passion. I respect the hell out of that. Rick, if you were Dodge, what would be your call on the defensive scheme, defensive decisions etc? You have all the facts and figures but what does UNT do about it. What's your take? Seriously, what would you like to see done.

A little cover 2 would be nice to start with. Let's try disguising our coverages a bit as well. We're simply not throwing enough looks at the quarterback to confuse him. The only time we change up the pressure up front is with a twist here and there and an inside stunt once in a blue moon. We show blitz every now and again and then back off before the snap. The problem is that we never blitz, so showing blitz doesn't tend to confuse the opposing qb very often. I'd even be happy dropping Chapman and Miller back into zone blitz coverage every now and then. It really boils down to the fact that we are putting basic looks out there and not really mixing our looks up.

No, the facts have been argued pointlessly all week.

And not related to the subject in any way, Tarleton State beat SFA on Sept 1st and Abilene Chrsitian beat Texas State Sept 8th. It would suck to lose to a DII program wouldn't it?

Rick

Actually, I believe you have it wrong. The facts are not pointless, as they do provide measureable evidence (data) to support an argument. Therefore, they are not "pointless", as you say.

Further, your second argument (losing to a DII program) seems pointless to me. Relevant???

A little cover 2 would be nice to start with. Let's try disguising our coverages a bit as well. We're simply not throwing enough looks at the quarterback to confuse him. The only time we change up the pressure up front is with a twist here and there and an inside stunt once in a blue moon. We show blitz every now and again and then back off before the snap. The problem is that we never blitz, so showing blitz doesn't tend to confuse the opposing qb very often. I'd even be happy dropping Chapman and Miller back into zone blitz coverage every now and then. It really boils down to the fact that we are putting basic looks out there and not really mixing our looks up.

Confusing ULL's QB would have done nothing for us. It's confusing their O-Line who dominated our D-line and/or confusing their running backs who ran wild that would have helped.