Gomeangreen.com Post Game Radio Show

Evan

This weeks game against ULL will either be on TV or the radio, so after the last breath of George or Hank and before Dave Brubeck starts in with the Piano solo, we will have a one hour live Radio post game show. It will be streaming and will be available straight to your PC or at least to those who agree to help us on this test run. If all goes well we hope to make this a weekly show after away games, where the majority of the fans cannot make the game. The equipment we use for the podcast will be utilized and we will be able to take live phone calls and put them on the air. There is a about a 30 second lag, but I don't think it will be a major issue. We will be limited in the first show to 25 users, but the quality should be pretty good. Once the 25 is filled up, then it won't allow anyone else to log in. If you are interested in taking part in this test, There are a few things you will need to know and do.

1. WinAmp media player

This is the small mediaplayer that has to be used for the streaming broadcast. This isn't some fly by night software, and it is used by lots of internet streaming broadcasters. If you don't want to download it, then I'm sorry but we are not capable of utlizing Windows media player...yet

Free winamp download

wa-thumb.gif

mainwindow.gif

3. Before the game, we will list the web address that you enter into winamp and that will connect you to the stream. It's pretty straight forward..... Saturday beofre the game and during halftime, I will stream the latest podcast at that address, so you can at least see if you can connect and hear something. The live broadcast will start immediately after George and Hank finish

2. During the show if you wold like to call in, you will have to pm me with your number and we can call you as the show progresses. We have to do it that way right now, and don't PM me with the phone number to the local Wienerschnitzel, we will screen before we put you on the air.

We are not professionals and are far from it, but Harry and I feel that this is something that fans would like to hear and participate in. There could be some issues, but we are going for it anyway. Please post if you have downloaded it and plan to participate, so we can get a rough headcount.

If anyone has any questions or suggestions....fire away

Evan

This weeks game against ULL will either be on TV or the radio, so after the last breath of George or Hank and before Dave Brubeck starts in with the Piano solo, we will have a one hour live Radio post game show. It will be streaming and will be available straight to your PC or at least to those who agree to help us on this test run. If all goes well we hope to make this a weekly show after away games, where the majority of the fans cannot make the game. The equipment we use for the podcast will be utilized and we will be able to take live phone calls and put them on the air. There is a about a 30 second lag, but I don't think it will be a major issue. We will be limited in the first show to 25 users, but the quality should be pretty good. Once the 25 is filled up, then it won't allow anyone else to log in. If you are interested in taking part in this test, There are a few things you will need to know and do.

1. WinAmp media player

This is the small mediaplayer that has to be used for the streaming broadcast. This isn't some fly by night software, and it is used by lots of internet streaming broadcasters. If you don't want to download it, then I'm sorry but we are not capable of utlizing Windows media player...yet

Free winamp download

wa-thumb.gif

mainwindow.gif

3. Before the game, we will list the web address that you enter into winamp and that will connect you to the stream. It's pretty straight forward..... Saturday beofre the game and during halftime, I will stream the latest podcast at that address, so you can at least see if you can connect and hear something. The live broadcast will start immediately after George and Hank finish

2. During the show if you wold like to call in, you will have to pm me with your number and we can call you as the show progresses. We have to do it that way right now, and don't PM me with the phone number to the local Wienerschnitzel, we will screen before we put you on the air.

We are not professionals and are far from it, but Harry and I feel that this is something that fans would like to hear and participate in. There could be some issues, but we are going for it anyway. Please post if you have downloaded it and plan to participate, so we can get a rough headcount.

If anyone has any questions or suggestions....fire away

Evan

Sometimes I get a little dejected when I am navigating the department's website, and see some things that I feel are very "directional school-ish."

And then I log in here, and see podcasts, and live radio broadcasts. Those are things that I see boards like texags (big boards with sponsors and stuff) just now trying to get done. The work yall have done here is amazing. Really first rate stuff.

keep up the good work.

(if Dunham is around, maybe fake jerry jones or the fake norm hitzges can make a guest appearance on the show.)

To listen and join in on the live post game show, enter

http://mega3.radioserver.co.uk:10064/listen.pls

in the URL location in Winamp.

1. Select File

2. PLay URL, and the cut and past the above address. The stream will be a repeat message until the game and post game show from the Meangreen radio network is over.

3. PM me if you have a questions or want to join in the live conversation during the show.

4. You must have Winamp on your pc, check above for information on how to get it.

Edited by Evan

To listen and join in on the live post game show, enter

http://mega3.radioserver.co.uk:10064/listen.pls

in the URL location in Winamp.

1. Select File

2. PLay URL, and the cut and past the above address. The stream will be a repeat message until the game and post game show from the Meangreen radio network is over.

3. PM me if you have a questions or want to join in the live conversation during the show.

4. You must have Winamp on your pc, check above for information on how to get it.

I hear ya