Reading The Fau Board, Nt Has No Chance

Green Lantern

FAU-NT talk

This thing should be in the bag for them. :rolleyes: If they just play within themselves, they should hang 50 points on us, no problem. A shutout is definately within the realm of possibility for FAU. Guess we should just cancel the game this weekend...The juggernaught that is FAU is just too much for us to compete with. Guess if you win by 3 over Minnesota, who turns the ball over 7 times, it gives you the "big boy voice".

*Fyi, some of this post is tounge in cheek* but nobody here is really talking about the game itself. Anyone up for some football discussion?

Edited by Green Lantern

NOW THAT'S HOW YOU MAKE A HOMER THREAD!!!

"There is no way MTSU wins the game 10-7....................................MTSU might win but we will put up more points than 7 at home against the MUTS.....gimme a break....... "

"I love the (baseless) optimism from MTSU fans. As a NT fan, I can appreciate it.

But comparing a big win over a 1AA lay-up to beating an SMU team that also leveled a 1AA team as well as the defending Sunbelt champ 55-9, doesnt really prove anything. The FIU game may prove to be an impressive victory when its all said and done, as they may be one of the better 0-4 teams in the country."

"SMU is still probably the worst or second worst team in Conference USA. Rice will probably beat them. And what we learned from Arkansas State's loss to SMU is that they will not win the Sun Belt this year or come close if the blowout loss to Oklahoma State in Little Rock wasn't evidence enough. You'll learn more when FIU gets their first win of the season by beating Arkansas State this weekend."

"I think it's hillarious that some of you guys are predicting these blowout scores when you couldn't blow us out when you were the class of the conference.

You're not the class of the conference anymore.

The streak ends and Dickey's demise begins.

Middle Tennessee 17

Denton PolyTechnic 6"

"I like your optimism for your school, but at least keep it real.....................Just cause ya'll held Peterson under 200 means squat when ya'll come to Denton."

Just trying to stir up some football discussion on the board. :lol: Not sure I've really succeded as this has all the makings of a great de-rail thread. :) I was getting tired of reading tailgaiting threads. I do, however, have very thin skin. I can't handle FAU picking on us. They are the big dogs after all.

One even suggests a shut-out. Are you kidding? Even in our OU woes, we "lit them up" for more yards than Miami did. That's got to mean something.

As insecure as we are about our defense, I'm just as secure about our offense scoring a few points and not getting shut down.

I found several things in that thread humorous. It was just interesting that going on the road for our home opener with a new coach that they are expecting a huge blowout. I truly feel like both offenses should be effective. Seems like the team who makes improvements in defense and special teams will have the advantage here. The game should be good.

In the Minnesota game, FAU's defense did not really show the ability to stop their offense.

The whole Schnelly thing is funny to me. What's that guy ever done? :D Oh well. To be honest, I'm all for anything that'll get NT fans fired up, and hopefully showing up in force on Saturday (even if it's a taken out of context quote).

I think we all need the defense to play better this week so we can pick up our first win. Probably help with the thin skin around here :D

I found several things in that thread humorous. It was just interesting that going on the road for our home opener with a new coach that they are expecting a huge blowout. I truly feel like both offenses should be effective. Seems like the team who makes improvements in defense and special teams will have the advantage here. The game should be good.

In the Minnesota game, FAU's defense did not really show the ability to stop their offense.

I am okay if we lose this game, but anything outside of a margin of 10 points will be a huge setback.

Really this is all I want:

Rush for 75 yards

Hold them below 300 yards passing

Stay within 10

Hold them below 30

This sounds like a cop-out list, but if we do all of these things and lose I would be more shocked than ... well, you figure it out.

I am okay if we lose this game, but anything outside of a margin of 10 points will be a huge setback.

Really this is all I want:

Rush for 75 yards

Hold them below 300 yards passing

Stay within 10

Hold them below 30

This sounds like a cop-out list, but if we do all of these things and lose I would be more shocked than ... well, you figure it out.

To add to your list, I expect:

Major cutdown on NT turnovers: Maybe 1 pick and no fumbles

300+ yards for NT through the air

60-100 yards rushing (it HAS to pick up sometime, doesn't it?)

No personal foul penalties

Cut down on false starts

Significant improvement in tackling

I don't really see your list as a "cop-out" . I think a win against FAU on Saturday would be big for us. I'm not gonna over-react if we happen to lose this game, but I fully expect this to be a close game either way. A blowout win by FAU would definately send some bad signals though.

Edited by Green Lantern