Bron Hager

MeanGreengdub

Is he enrolled ? If so, hasn't his "clock" started to run ?

According to the NCAA

Red Shirt vs. Grey Shirt:

Red Shirt:

A year of non-participation. You’re enrolled Full-Time, but you’re not competing as an athlete. The 5-year clock for Division I (only) is ticking and using up a year of eligibility.

Grey Shirt:

Non-participation. You enroll Part-Time (less than 12 units) your first semester in college in order to postpone your NCAA Div. I, 5-year clock.

If you feel you are going to require more than two years at the community college because you need substantial remedial work before you transfer, (for example: you placed low in Math and English) then you should consider the possibility of “Gray Shirting” for a year. When you gray shirt you enroll for fewer than 12 units to keep your Division I “5-year clock” from starting. Please discuss this with the Athletics Counselor and coach prior to enrolling.

Grey Shirting can only be done your very first semester at Pierce, you can’t Grey Shirt if you already started your clock by enrolling FT at Pierce or anywhere else.

Edited by Peacock

Grey Shirting can only be done your very first semester at Pierce, you can’t Grey Shirt if you already started your clock by enrolling FT at Pierce or anywhere else.

I thought Pierce was a HS. I joke, I know it Pearce.

The GREAT Jonas Buckles was a gray shirt at the start of his career.

Wish we could get Jonas B and Craig Jones to come back and help our secondary learn to do their job. I remember the Jonas Buckles hit a few years back where (I think) some poor kid from NMSU got plain hammered ... BLAM! The ball popped up into the air, the NMSU player laid on the ground for a few seconds, and Buckles stood up, walked off, and crossed his arms across his own chest to celebrate having "killed" the WR.

The guys that played under DeLoach were something else, huh?