Tomorrow's Practice

Green to the Bone

We seem to have lots of people on the board who think they know far more about coaching than Todd Dodge does.

OK, then. I'd like everybody who knows so damn much about coaching to tell me what you would do and say at tomorrow's practice.

Do you tell the players what worthless losers they are, which is the gist of many remarks, or do you pull up your socks and get back to work?

Just curious.

We seem to have lots of people on the board who think they know far more about coaching than Todd Dodge does.

OK, then. I'd like everybody who knows so damn much about coaching to tell me what you would do and say at tomorrow's practice.

Do you tell the players what worthless losers they are, which is the gist of many remarks, or do you pull up your socks and get back to work?

Just curious.

You tell them this was nothing more than a scrimmage, and to forget about the loss, but to focus on correcting mistakes...and I would work on those mistakes t'il the cows come home. I would stay positive. There's a lot of season left. OU had no weaknesses to be exploited, except their QB...and with perhaps the greatest OL in college football, we weren't about to get any pressure on him. Heck, that OL could go against most pro teams! They are all going to be playing on Sunday!

The next thing I would do would be to make Ramon get a hair cut. You only wear hair like that if you can back it up. I would tell him that he can let his hair grow out when he can back it up.

Edited by the real grad88

I never show the videos and focus on the next game

Absolutely...

Burn the videos and teach, teach, teach. There is some good talent, albeit somewhat scattered throughout this roster that can be refined and ready to contribute when 'Belt play begins.

I dont think they should have the approach of just to completely "forget" tonights game. That is like you are running away and I dont like that. If I am Dodge I tell them this is a reality check and that we need to work and practice 5 times harder to be able to prove ourselves to every other team. I would also tell them that you wont get respect with play like this....you are going to have to earn it by showing your worth to everybody else.

I hand them the gameplan for SMU on the bus ride home from OU and tell them the preparation starts now. I tell them not to ever forget how they felt when they looked up at that scoreboard and it said 79-10...then I tell them that we are gonna work our butts off to make sure we never come close to that feeling again.

Then I figure out why Dominique Green wasn't starting at one of the corner spots and I make an adjustment in my secondary immediately.

I would to some hiting drills. And then every game remind the WR that if they can take hit from the the CB and DB of OU they should not be afraid to be hit the rest of the season. Then I would tell them that OU has a lot of speed and THE REASON WHY THE SCORE WAS SO HIGH WAS BECASUE WE ACTUALLY PASSED THE BALL. The time stoping killed us. Being at the game and watching it live I have to say that we look great and should put away Smwho early.

I hand them the gameplan for SMU on the bus ride home from OU and tell them the preparation starts now. I tell them not to ever forget how they felt when they looked up at that scoreboard and it said 79-10...then I tell them that we are gonna work our butts off to make sure we never come close to that feeling again.

Then I figure out why Dominique Green wasn't starting at one of the corner spots and I make an adjustment in my secondary immediately.

I agree. Don't use this game to downgrade their spirits, but to motivate their desire to get better. Tell them to remember how they felt at the end when they saw the score and to use it as motivation to never feel that way again. Remember the day that they played the Sooners so that from here on out, everyone else will -

REMEMBER THE DAY THEY PLAYED THE MEAN GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!