Reception Range For 1310 And 88.1

meangreendork

I'm gonna be stuck in Gatesville on the day of the SMU game without internet access, so I'm hoping I can get radio reception for The Ticket or KNTU...I know it's pretty far off, but will either station make it all the way down in Gatesville? I'm hoping 1310 will since it's an AM station.

Several years ago, I was down in Whitney, TX with the same problem, only they were playing Baylor that night. I was able to pick it up on a Baylor station, but much to my surprise I was also able to pick it up on 88.1

For some reason I remember listening to the UNT game all the way up to the Arbuckles in Oklahoma. At that point going through that pass I lost reception.

Edit: I guess I should learn to read gooder- you said Gatesville, not Gainsville. Disregard my stupidity.

Edited by MeanMag

I have family, by marriage, in Gatesville (not the women's prison). You will not get a signal for the Ticket much past south Tarrant County. I don't think you will have much luck with KNTU either. The Word may be your only choice.

I used to catch that Waco station back in '99. I live in Austin and for some reason a Waco station broadcast our games. I could just reach the signal. It is no longer part of the Mean Green radio network.

Last year I was traveling south out of Dallas on 35E during the 5 overtime game. When I got in my car after work the 4th quarter had just begun. I thought, "I could go to Denton and catch the last 2 minutes. Naaah, I'll just listen to the end of the game on my way out of town." I caught 88.1 almost to Hillsboro. As I topped a hill, the signal increased (FM signal is line of sight), when I hit a valley, I would lose the game completely. At the second overtime I hit what was probably the last hill before the signal faded completely (around Hillsboro). I pulled over on the side of the access road and listened for 10 minutes before finishing the trip to Austin. If I had stayed for thhe entire game I would have run out of gas just idling on the side of the road.

So in short answer (too late) If you are atop a hill with good reception, you might get 88.1 I don't know about 1310. I actually picked up "The Word" 100.7 while camping in Louisiana. SMU's web site says their games are on 104.1 FM as well as 1310. You might try that if all else fails.

No web access where you are? Someone will probably start a game thread

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!

BEAT THE HELL OUT OF OU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about this for you? It's not a bad estimate... but, they actually have a notch where 88.3 is in Mesquite, Tx... the good news is that you are out of that notch. Find a very high point and have a long range antena pointing to just north of Denton. I put an extra antena on top of my house just for KNTU because the house is in that notch in the broadcast coverage area and it worked very well. But, I do live in the DFW area. Good luck!

http://www.radio-locator.com/pats/KNTU_FM_LU.gif

Edited by gruu

I used to catch that Waco station back in '99. I live in Austin and for some reason a Waco station broadcast our games. I could just reach the signal. It is no longer part of the Mean Green radio network.

Last year I was traveling south out of Dallas on 35E during the 5 overtime game. When I got in my car after work the 4th quarter had just begun. I thought, "I could go to Denton and catch the last 2 minutes. Naaah, I'll just listen to the end of the game on my way out of town." I caught 88.1 almost to Hillsboro. As I topped a hill, the signal increased (FM signal is line of sight), when I hit a valley, I would lose the game completely. At the second overtime I hit what was probably the last hill before the signal faded completely (around Hillsboro). I pulled over on the side of the access road and listened for 10 minutes before finishing the trip to Austin. If I had stayed for thhe entire game I would have run out of gas just idling on the side of the road.

So in short answer (too late) If you are atop a hill with good reception, you might get 88.1 I don't know about 1310. I actually picked up "The Word" 100.7 while camping in Louisiana. SMU's web site says their games are on 104.1 FM as well as 1310. You might try that if all else fails.

No web access where you are? Someone will probably start a game thread

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!

BEAT THE HELL OUT OF OU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll see what I can pick up from the elevation of my location. Hopefully, NTTV will have footage they'll play or KNTU might have an archive radio cast of the show. I'll keep my fingers crossed.