Dallas Morning News' Tim MacMahon

Charlie NT 73

I found this story on the "BlueRaiderZone.com". DRC blog Aug 15, 2007.

The DRC sports writer, Gary Payne, and a NT alum, has his story about not being

able to watch NT practice, not being allowed into the practice area, and crying about

Coach Dodge's rules. What a jerk to be a NT alum!

http:colleges.beloblog.com/archives/2007/08/dodge_needs_to_play_nice_at_north_texas.htn

I hope this comes up for you guys to read. If it does not come up, please help-

Actually, the story is by Tim MacMahon. Gary Payne is the photographer who took the photo of Dodge that accompanies the story.

Here is a link to the article:

Dodge needs to play nice at North Texas

I understand Tim's argument, and it has some validity. But Dodge is installing his system for the first time, and this season he has the advantage of opponents having limited scouting information. He's trying to make use of that the best he can, by closing practice and reducing the number of eyes watching the Mean Green.

It's one of the oldest conflicts in sports - sportswriters' need for information vs. coaches' reluctance to release information.

Edited by Smitty

UNT is still riding a wave of positive pub after taking my advice and hiring Dodge. -- Tim McMahon.

Sounds like he's not real upset...yet. I do agree that he has several valid points and we all love the media exposure we've been getting since Dodge's hire. It would be a shame if all that publicity dried up for a lack of access to the Mean Green. But I'm sure Dodge knows what he's doing and the media will have more access once we've played a few games.

But I'm sure Dodge knows what he's doing and the media will have more access once we've played a few games.

Exactly right. Dodge is not only a great coach, he is great at dealing with people. The press will get access to him and the team, but they will need to learn when that access is available.

--At this point everyone including opponents are wondering what his NT offense will look like... [ plus the first two opponets are not that far away from Denton ] After a game or two I suspect things will change somewhat..... patience... It likely will be different next year also when teams know what to expect anyway.

--At this point everyone including opponents are wondering what his NT offense will look like... [ plus the first two opponets are not that far away from Denton ] After a game or two I suspect things will change somewhat..... patience... It likely will be different next year also when teams know what to expect anyway.

Did I just read this same post in another thread?