Cobbs Scored Game Winning Td, 2-pt Conversion

UNTflyer

Miami 18, Jax 17

Cobbs had 7 rushes for 34 yds (4.8 avg), the longest being 11 yds, He also recovered a fumble and ran it for 12 yds and the first down. He scored from 3 yards out and also converted the 2pt play.

Cobbs returned a kickoff in the 2nd quarter for 21 yds. He also had a holding penalty in the same quarter.

Edited by UNTflyer

Miami 18, Jax 17

Cobbs had 7 rushes for 34 yds (4.8 avg), the longest being 11 yds, He also recovered a fumble and ran it for 12 yds and the first down. He scored from 3 yards out and also converted the 2pt play.

Cobbs returned a kickoff in the 2nd quarter for 21 yds. He also had a holding penalty in the same quarter.

Thanks for the update Flyer.

Rick

Guest Aquila_Viridis

What a great way for Patrick Cobbs to start the year! Looks like he brought it home tonight. That must be really exciting for him. He has always been a guy who could get you the yards when you needed them most.

Tiki Barber was another back I really enjoyed to watch when he was in college. He did not exactly explode onto the NFL scene from the start, but he kept after it and eventually became a major contributor and very well recognized. I hope Patrick will keep after it.

In reality, Cobbs had the best per carry average of any Dolphin running back. Chatman's avg is a bit skewed by his 74 yard run. On all his other carries he averaged about 2.8 yds.

Chatman's carries were for 74(TD), 6, 1, 1, 5, 1

Cobbs' carries were for 6, 6, 1, 12, 3(TD), 2 (PAT), 1, 6.

Beginning with his freshman year, I'd have to say Patrick Cobbs is one of my all time favorite running backs at North Texas. He was so much fun to watch. And a very fine person too. I've said it before, I'd take a bullet for Patrick Cobbs.

Edited by DeepGreen