Newest Mean Green?

Cooley

If hes transfered here hopefully its another Jamal Brown situation where he did so without a scholarship offer. Where do we need him as a player, let alone as a kid accussed of with two felony charges. And this would be his 3rd school in as many seasons.

Edited by Censored by Laurie

It's a sad day for the Mean Green if we offered this kid a scholarship. :angry: Won't say much for our program either. Got to see where this one ends up after all the dust settles.

It sounds like the kid is trying to redeem himself, and should be given a another chance if so... but, I am more concerned about the fact that we probably don't need another 5" 7' player on the team right now... and we have plenty of able guards... we need to be thinking about another big man... I will be interested to hear what JJ says about this signing if the rumors of his transfer come true..

It's a sad day for the Mean Green if we offered this kid a scholarship. :angry: Won't say much for our program either. Got to see where this one ends up after all the dust settles.

Yeah, I'm usually for giving a kid a second chance but he sounds a little on the rough side to me. Now if he were a fundamentally sound '6 10'' 275 with a sweet jump hook......... :lol:

My guess is that after Knight signed one of the best point guards in the country (Plano's John Roberson) he didn't see any pt for Valentine. He may have called JJ looking for a place for him. I don't see any way in hell that JJ would agree to a full scholarship.

Just my speculation if this is accurate information.

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/goodm...D_TRANSFER_LIST

http://collegehoopsupdate.com/html/transfe...p;x=25&y=21

My guess is that after Knight signed one of the best point guards in the country (Plano's John Roberson) he didn't see any pt for Valentine. He may have called JJ looking for a place for him. I don't see any way in hell that JJ would agree to a full scholarship.

Just my speculation if this is accurate information.

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/goodm...D_TRANSFER_LIST

http://collegehoopsupdate.com/html/transfe...p;x=25&y=21

I was hoping that that was a mistake by foxsports.com since they put NORTH TEXAS STATE , I thought maybe they meant Texas State.

Collegehoopsupdate tho is always pretty accurate with their information.

No way in Hell is right , we already have a good guard rotation set for the next few seasons... so I thought.

I wouldn't be suprised if this is true, we were on his original list of schools in Rivals. I guess the thinking is, after his red shirt year we will have three point guard on the roster after Bell graduates. I guess it's almost an insurance policy in case something happens to the other two. I just hope he doesn't start out on scholarship. If he plays well/hard in practice and keeps his nose clean, then I'd have no problem putting him on scholarship for 2008-09 when he is active.