North Texas Preview

Wiley is known to have an extreme dislike of North Texas

North Texas Preview

Stephen Wiley and Casey Bowman

GoMiddle.com Staff

Oh' how the mighty have fallen. After winning four consecutive Sun Belt Conference Championships the Mean Green have won a measly combined five games over the past two seasons. The recent dismal performance combined with a rocky relationship between Head Coach Darrell Dickey and Athletic Director Rick Villarreal resulted in a regime change in Denton. The infamous Jerry Glanville was rumored to be a front runner for the position but in the end Todd Dodge was hired. Dodge is an exalted Texas high school coach, best known for his high powered offense and relentless work ethic. Most recently, he installed Missouri's new offense which is led by QB Chase Daniel, a former player for Dodge at Southlake Carroll High School. He provides a much needed shot in the arm to a program whose offense was arguably the worst in Division 1-A last year. It appears Dodge is also a much better recruiter than his predecessor. After a late hire, Dodge has brought in a class that is probably the best yet at North Texas. The class is highlighted by 3-star running back Cam Montgomery and 2-star running back Micah Mosley followed by LB A.J. Penson and super sleeper WR Sam Roberson. North Texas is moving in the right direction but is at least a year away from being a serious contender.

NORTH TEXAS PREVIEW

http://middletennessee.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=672177

Here's a link to the thread on gomiddle.com for those who might want to comment on the muts board

http://middletennessee.rivals.com/showmsg....142&style=2

Edited by MeanGreen61

Actually, he doesn't seem to take as many jabs as usual. Having said that, he's pretty cruel (and, IMO, flat out wrong) about Jamario. Jamario has been a different back the past two years. Gained weight, injuries. Did this guy even remember what J-Mo looked like his freshman year?:

RB: Will the real Jamario Thomas please stand up? Where has the most over hyped player in the history of the Sun Belt been hiding? It would be unfair to place all the blame on Thomas, but after getting every pre-season award available and being declared the best offensive player in the Sun Belt two years ago, last year, and even this year, the guy has been incognito. Obviously, his offensive line hasn't done its job, but it's plain to see Thomas isn't as good as the hype he's been awarded. He was a product of a good system and a good team playing in a poor conference a few years ago. I never bought into the Jamario Thomas hype and I'm sure as hell not going to this year. Look for his carries to be cut into by some young and more hungry back ups, Deavin Cox and Cam Montgomery. True freshman Micah Mosley is the best RB on the Mean Green roster.

/edit

to top it off, his "throw on every down" perception of Dodge's offense is way off, and leads me to question what this guy really knows.

Edited by greenminer

Really not a bad preview(aside from the over-knocking of Super Jamario) until he gets to the actual game predictions. I think we have a winning record at home this year after 2 miserable seasons in a row. A new coach has to establish home field advantage---which is something that DD also did up until '05. I expect the FAU game to be tough b/c it's only our 3rd game, but I'm thinking 4-1 at home this season...

This "preview" has more holes in it than an old minnow bucket!

First, you are right, the muts have several "boards"-the "go middle.com" is a hook up

for a pay subscription to rivals.com. One cannot reply without subsrcibing.

Second- the whole story reads like he copied information from other football publications,

newspaper stories, and reading GMG.

Third-these "wanna be" sports writers are looking through their blue raider blue glasses.

Anway-- I will be so glad when Coach Dodge and his team of redshirts hangs half

a hundred on these blue fader muts!

Edited by charlie nt73

Can't say I agree completely with the preview, especially the Jamario part, but I'd gladly take everything he predicts if this last line comes true:

The Mean Green are at least a year away right now, but look for them to return to the top and stay there when Dodge gets his kids to Denton.

I am not sure how the #1 rusher in the nation could be over-hyped. Surely those 1800 yds his freshman season was not a publicist's creation. Not to worry though Moseley in his fish year is going to be better than not only Thomas but a 3 star Juco. It is going to be an interesting season; is NT going to be the Belt patsy of the last two years doing a hail Mary with a high school coach as many of our Belt foes envision or is the Belt going to be in awe when the new NT hits them. IMO, next year team is going to be much better than predicted. Once TD's offense jells combined with what should be a very good defensive team by Belt standards; NT should be in the title chase.

Thanks the Muts for their review, while I don't agree with a lot of it; it did take effort and echos the sentiment of most of our competition.

If I were the NT coaches, I would print the remarks about Jamario Thomas,

then frame the remarks, and hang the frame in JT's locker, and hang a second

copy on the bullentin board!

Come game day-- Hey JT, the muts say you are over hyped, over rated, not worthy!

Do you think the "HEMI" would get fired up after reading the muts remarks?

The muts are going to get flamed! Just wait and see!

If I were the NT coaches, I would print the remarks about Jamario Thomas,

then frame the remarks, and hang the frame in JT's locker, and hang a second

copy on the bullentin board!

Come game day-- Hey JT, the muts say you are over hyped, over rated, not worthy!

Do you think the "HEMI" would get fired up after reading the muts remarks?

The muts are going to get flamed! Just wait and see!

I posted a 2 part question on "BlueRaiderZone.com" regarding Stephen

Wiley and Casey Bowman, and the "GoMiddle.com" web sites.

The BRZ fans chimed right in. The 2 web sites are not related-totally

independent of each other. The BRZ fans did not have nice things to say

about gomiddle, and the moderators, Wiley/Bowman. The BRZ fans do

not participate with gomiddle, and verified that W/B even flame their

views and postings. Several BRZ fans read the "North Texas Preview"

from gomiddle. The BRZ fans stated nothing but praise for Jamario

Thomas, and stated the remarks from Wiley/Bowman were typical

of their stories/articles. The BRZ fans stated not to pay any attention

to these 2 guys--BRZ fans do not like these 2 either.

Anyway-I must have started something-my posting was deleated

off the BRZ board.

Hey, great bulletin board stuff for Dodge and his team. If this kind of stuff doesn't fire the team up...and Super J for sure...then we have no hope. And, HOPE is excatly what Dodge brings us after the most boring football I have ever sat through in my life under "D", and I am not a young feller either! I say, bring on this type of "stuff" and let's see what the team and Dodge make of it. Dodge can motivate players, and players tend to respond to new "ideas"...so, keep it up SBC teams...bring on the SMUT in the pre-season! I think we win a few this "yahoo" is not expecting us to win...A win over Navy at Fouts would be e BIG DEAL for us....Go GREEN!