Chase Daniel Article, Mentions Td

Link

His coach and mentor at Texas prep powerhouse Southlake Carroll High, Todd Dodge, refined Daniel's footwork and mechanics by having him throw into nets and trash cans. Dodge, a former Longhorns QB, had Daniel fire 600 passes a day.

Also some good quotes on undersized QBs, the "big 3," and taking Ryan Perilloux to school.

You might also note TD's view on a player who has committed.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98

"I think we're very similar in our backgrounds," the 6-0, 225-pound Dallas-area native says of Brees. "Neither of us got recruited by the big three [Texas, Texas A&M or Texas Tech].

Tech? a part of what Big 3? What a joke; Wreck Tech! :P

"I think we're very similar in our backgrounds," the 6-0, 225-pound Dallas-area native says of Brees. "Neither of us got recruited by the big three [Texas, Texas A&M or Texas Tech].

Tech owns A&M

Chase Daniel reminds me more of Iowa QB Drew Tate. Good arm, good movement, a little small, but a winner.

Daniel has something the Tate kid does not -- character.

I love the part about him putting the Perilloux kid in his place, that is classic.

You know, if Perilloux hadnt been a giant butthead and stayed with his commitment to Texas, he mightve actually been starting last year or this year.

Instead, hes now backup or third string I believe? O well, his ego caught up to him.

Daniel has something the Tate kid does not -- character.

I love the part about him putting the Perilloux kid in his place, that is classic.

---Really... as far as QB's go -- Tech is near the top of NCAA in passing yards every year, defeats the Aggies regularly, has defeated Texas as recently as the Simms era, and is definitely third in attendance in Texas, and I think most of us would swap conferences with them [as well as five other I-A schools in Texas] and while doing this has won 49 games in the past 6 years playing Big-XII competition.... We won 34, went to four bowl games, meanwhile thiose mighty mustangs in Dallas won 21 in those 6 years [3.5 wins per year] and we defeated them in their BEST year, 6-6 with a 3-8 team. They are the joke of state...

Just for fun: records 2001-2006 of Texas I-A's

UT 66 - 11

TCU 55 - 19

TTU 49 - 25

A-M 39 - 33

NT 34 - 39

UH 31 - 42

Rice 28 - 42

UTEP 27 - 45

BU 21 - 48

smu 21 - 48

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

---Really... as far as QB's go -- Tech is near the top of NCAA in passing yards every year, defeats the Aggies regularly, has defeated Texas as recently as the Simms era, and is definitey third in attendance in Texas, and I think most of us would swap conferences with them [as well as five other I-A schools in Texas] and while doing this has won 49 games in the past 6 years playing Big-XII competition.... We won 34, went to four bowl games, meanwhile thiose mighty mustangs in Dallas won 21 in those 6 years [3.5 wins per year] and we defeated them in their BEST year, 6-6 with a 3-8 team. They are the joke of state...

Just for fun: records 2001-2006 of Texas A-I's

UT 66 - 11

TCU 55 - 19

TTU 49 - 25

A-M 39 - 33

NT 34 - 39

UH 31 - 42

Rice 28 - 42

UTEP 27 - 48

BU 21 - 48

smu 21 - 48

With the exception of conference affiliation, I wouldn't swap anything with Tech. The jury is still out on Dodge and we'll see things play out the next couple years, but I'll take our potential over their cap/ceiling any day. IMO, Tech is a program that has needed Leach's pass system (*tries to avoid the word "gimmick"* :blink:) to get them where they are. But they always seem to lose a couple games they aren't supposed to, get destroyed by OU, and will never win the Big 12 South. Oh yeah, and they're in Lubbock :huh:

They may be percieved as one of the "Big 3" now, but it'll be interesting to see where we stand in 10 - 15 years.

---We are talking football.. QB's in particular. Lubbock is an awful place to live [i live in Midland, wife grew up in Lubbock]. It is pretty much surrounded by plowed fields in the Spring and the dirt/dust level can be unbelievable at times. Midland/Odessa is Paradise compared to Lubbock.

--Spike Dykes did fairly well at Tech, only three losing seasons in thirteen years and none of his last 7 which were mostly Big-XII years. NT defeated him two of those final years. Losses to NT in Lubbock and the UT blow-outs did him in. Alums were really upset around here when we defeated them.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

Lubbock is an awful place to live [i live in Midland, wife grew up in Lubbock]. It is pretty much surrounded by plowed fields in the Spring and the dirt/dust level can be unbelievable at times.

I've been there once and it rained mud, literally. not a great impression.