Informal Report From Denton

Just got back from the land of the Mean Green to pay for my season tickets and browse and had a few things to share.

First, the campus is beautiful as always, especially with everything turning GREEN right now.

Second, I went to the NT Bookstore to check out the Skins for the iPod that Zeke told us about and they did have a few. But the design was a bit dull, however it was GREEN and it say's "NORTH TEXAS" in the new font. They had them for an Xbox, a Laptop and one PlayStation2. The iPod/mp3 skins however were limited and they did not have one for my Generation 5 30 Gig version. But they had several for the Nano and the next one up. I bought myeself one just because they were marked down to $7. I still want Smitty to design us one and get SkinIt to produce it.

Third, the univiersity recieved a sizable donation from a supporter(can't say who as I'm not sure thats to be published or not) and with that has hired a professional design company to come in and do a preliminary design plan to finally finish the NT Athletic Hall of Fame. This company has done the HOF's for Louisville and Kentucky. Ours will have center-room display cases which will allow visitors to view from all sides as well as having a video display running on a loop for veiwers to see past events and acomplishments. This sounds very, very cool. The AD dept will soon start to contact all alumni and ask for anyone who thinks they may have something they might could part with on a temporary basis to donate to let them know. They will remind everyone beforehand though that they have limited space. So if you have something you think they might like then it needs to be pretty good and not something that may get replicated in donations. Don't want to hurt any feelings, but it's my oppinion that this is going to be a first rate, state of the art exposition and all donations need to be in that category.

Fourth, and this is fantastic news and shows the capability of the Mean Green Nation. Of the eight schools that participated in the N.O. basketball regional, North Texas outsold 4 of them, including Florida although more than likely much of the Gator fans felt N.O. was simply going to be a bump in the road and decided to wait for the sweet 16. Still, for a BB program that was absolutely dead in the water just a few short years ago, this is fantastic in my oppinion.

Fifth, the practice field sign has finally been unveiled. Click Here to see it. It's not finished of course. But at least the covering is off of it and you can see what it will look like.

Sixth, as emmit reported about the parking, they are swapping, or considering swapping the blue and orange losts so that students, and fans who show up early enough to pay $10 to park near the stadium to park where the orange was. Then orange ticket holders will be where the blue was(southwest corner of the Fouts Field facility and on around to the west side of the stadium). This is still not set in stone just yet as it's still being discussed but will more than likely be how it goes down. And this is a great, great probelem to have due because of the hiring of coach Dodge. If anyone still has second thoughts on this hire they need their head examined because in my oppinion NT has already reaped huge benefits. When your having to rearrange your parking becuase of your recent coaching hire you know you have made a quality choice, and I think we have done just that.

That's about all I can think of. If I remember more I'll post it here. I hope to make a scrimmage or two in the next few weeks and look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick