Favorite 'nawlins Restaurants

Eagle-96

Best way to streech your dollar:

Nice Lunch: Muriels (Jackson Square)

Cheap Lunch: RC Diner (CBD: Camp & Gravier)

Burger: Port of Call (Esplande) or Mamma's (Touluse)

Fried Chicken: Firaolla's (Decatur across from the French Market)

and of course there is always the Lucky Dog

Best Burger- Port O Call

Best Breakfast- Camilla Grill

Best Oyster Po Boy- Acme Oyster Bar

Best Oysters if line at Acme is too long- Felix's (accross the street) *Beware of the horseradish- a little goes a LONG way

Best touristy specialty drink- Hand Gernade @ Tropical Isle

Best boudin sausage- Arnaud's Remoulade on Bourbon

Oysters - ACME (with the rest of the Tiger fans), Casamento's, Mr B's

Fried Seafood - Deanies in Bucktown (haven't been to the one in the Quarter)

Muffaletta - Liuzza's (Also has the coldest beer in town and great pasta)

Non-Fried Seafood - Mandina's on Canal - Great Neighborhood Spot

Breakfast - Now that Camelia's won't be open until after this weekend, I've heard good things about Elizabeth's in Fauborg Marigney

I'm going to seriously miss Ugelesich's (Ugly's) on Baronne - Best Seafood Ever

This Tiger fan is really looking forward to the game--I live a couple of blocks from campus, worked for a short time at UNT, and am excited to see the Mean Green Friday.

GO TIGERS!!!

Best way to streech your dollar:

Nice Lunch: Muriels (Jackson Square)

Cheap Lunch: RC Diner (CBD: Camp & Gravier)

Burger: Port of Call (Esplande) or Mamma's (Touluse)

Fried Chicken: Firaolla's (Decatur across from the French Market)

and of course there is always the Lucky Dog

Very bad news about Fiorella's, or so I was told. Recently took a trip to N.O., and found out Fiorella's was sold not long ago (but remains open). Someone who owns a chain of smaller bars that serve food bought F's from the family that ran it forever, and the chicken isn't as good anymore. That's not to say it's bad, but an antique guy across the street said it ain't the same. Didn't actually get there to find out for myself, so take as you will.

If you haven't... hit Port O' Call for sure... but expect to wait crammed inside or on the street (there are many things worse in life than drinking a Huma Huma and waiting for a table with friends on the beautiful sidewalks of Esplanade)

Also since the storms I have been breakfasting at the Bluebird Cafe' on Prytania St. I miss Camilla Grill horribly.. hopefully Marvin and the crew will be back. I have heard they might relocate, but I hear a lot more that they are gone forever. Which would be a shame because the streetcar ride is one of the best parts! "Flip it up!" "Word."

Other suggestions include The Old Coffee Pot off Bourbon, Commander's Palace and if you are taking your rich Granny she will want to hit Antoine's although last time I ate there I was sorely disappointed in everything but the Potato Souffle which is fancy puffed French fries. Also, Acme is good for a drink and some fried seafood.

If you are taking someone special and are on a budget I would recommend Mona Lisa in the 1200 block of Royal St. Call to make sure they are open, but its a fantastic little Italian place decorated with tons of different renditions of its namesake.

Fun places to have a drink. The Carousel bar at the Hotel Monteleone, Laffitte's Blacksmith Shop on Bourbon (my fav bourbon street bar) and Molly's at the Market on Decatur St.

Take Care,

Shane