Unt.edu Front Page

Boomer23

I agree with a lot of people being upset about the UNT website front page not having anything about this game and our run to the Championship and hopefully March Madness. A majority of the UNT Website is a joke, there is no structure. Even if you do a search the results are rarely helpful and there are at least three or four different pages listing the same information. The entire thing needs to be revamped. The fact that the game is not listed is just ridiculous. Games like these only promote the university and not having it on the front page makes it seem like we don't care. Though I may hear that all I do is watch sports I am glad to say I don't watch American Idol.

Ya, I'm a little pissed off about that as well. If they want people to come to the games and want the programs to get better, they need to quit being tight wads and start spending money on advertisting. WHEN WILL THEY WAKE UP????

This team got precious little respect or support from faculty, staff, students and alumni this season. If we win tonight, I hope Johnny steps to the mike and says 'this championship is for the team and the 500 hard core fans.' It is not surprising that they are getting little official attention from the university. Does Villareal have any idea how big this is? We are a whisper away from some serious national attention. At some point the 'it's only basketball' mentality must give way to reality.

This team got precious little respect or support from faculty, staff, students and alumni this season. If we win tonight, I hope Johnny steps to the mike and says 'this championship is for the team and the 500 hard core fans.' It is not surprising that they are getting little official attention from the university. Does Villareal have any idea how big this is? We are a whisper away from some serious national attention. At some point the 'it's only basketball' mentality must give way to reality.

Something that sounds so exclusive might be counter-productive to what we want. JJ should use this tourney run (whether we win tonight or not) as incentive to see a quality team next year; an invite to those that are apathetic because of previous under-achieving squads.

Now, now Drex, how could you criticize him - it's not HIS fault... it just can't be....

There is now a news headline for tonight's game on the front page of www.unt.edu ... the power of GOMEANGREEN.com and its fans! I have to say that these folks in the UNT admin are consistently a little late to the game, pun intended. Often I'd get men's basketball home game email announcements this season after the game started. I know when our team plays each game, but what about the typical fan that just goes when they hear about them? They need to step up the promotions.. that's just rediculous.

I don't think you can say it is just for the "diehard fans". In football, nearly every game is on a Saturday evening and there are no more than 13 games to attend. In basketball, there are 3 times as many games, many of which are on weeknights. It is much more difficult for someone to break away from their business/family life 17 times a season which includes weeknights, than it is to break away for 4-6 Satuday evenings in the fall.

Does it make you less of a fan if the simple fact that the timing and frequency of the games prevents you from attending the majority of them?