What Time Is The Game?

yes, which is why this would be HUGE! especially if we got to play a team like UNC or one of the other teams people are talking about having a shot at the NC.

Also. if we win the game should be against a 1 seed and should be"Prime Time" on CBS!

How freakin' huge is that!!!!

Todd Dodge and a NCAA bid in the same season??? My Mean Green pants are going crazy!

Also. if we win the game should be against a 1 seed and should be"Prime Time" on CBS!

How freakin' huge is that!!!!

Todd Dodge and a NCAA bid in the same season??? My Mean Green pants are going crazy!

There's no way, that we'd be playing a #1 seed.

Maybe a #2 or #3, but not a #1.

The latest Bracketology on ESPN doesn't have the Sunbelt listed...which means Play In game...which means 1 seed if we win that.

And I'll tell you right now, they don't know what they're talking about.

There's no way in Heck the Sun Belt is one of the two worst b-ball conferences in the country. So, believe ESPN if you want.

We won't be in a Play In game, and we won't be a 16 seed is what I'm saying.

There's no way in Heck the Sun Belt is one of the two worst b-ball conferences in the country. So, believe ESPN if you want.

I sure hope not. They had us down(the Belt) as the strongest 15 last night when they thought it was WKU. After that loss we fell like 7 spots!

Edited by CMJ

Exactly correct. We would be a #12 to #14 seed. Not a 15 or 16.

I sure hope not. They had us down the Belt as the strongest 15 last night when they thought it was WKU. After that loss we fell like 7 spots!

I just found a list of conference RPIs. We're ahead of 10-11 (the list of Independents doesn't count obviously).

Check it out here:

http://www.realtimerpi.com/rpi_conf_Men.html

Doesn't a 13 beat a 4 every year? I think I can remember some 14's beating 3's and even an instance or two of a 15 shocking a 2.

The 12 over 5 is the most common upset. The 13 over 4 isn't as common, but it still happens almost every year. A few 14's have won....and only 4 15's have ever won in the 1st round.

Stand-up, you aren't looking at the right numbers.

Play-in status is NOT determined by conference ranking but rather by the seeding of the TEAM.

If you peruse the RPI sites you will see that unless there is a nice RPI bump from tonight's game or some upsets in the lower or similar conferences that the two lowest rated teams in RPI will be the winner of the SWAC and the winner of ASU/UNT. I fully expect that one of the upsets will occur and there will be a decent RPI bump however, it isn't likely that it will be enough that either ASU or UNT will be rated higher than five teams in the RPI, and that pretty much means being a 16 seed.

Stand-up, you aren't looking at the right numbers.

Play-in status is NOT determined by conference ranking but rather by the seeding of the TEAM.

If you peruse the RPI sites you will see that unless there is a nice RPI bump from tonight's game or some upsets in the lower or similar conferences that the two lowest rated teams in RPI will be the winner of the SWAC and the winner of ASU/UNT. I fully expect that one of the upsets will occur and there will be a decent RPI bump however, it isn't likely that it will be enough that either ASU or UNT will be rated higher than five teams in the RPI, and that pretty much means being a 16 seed.

Okay, maybe I'm wrong then.

I sure hope that our rep is, at the very least....NOT in the Play In game. Because, that would mean, whoever wins tonight, would not automatically be in the NCAA tourney. (they'd have to win one more game to get in).

(I know most of y'all know what the Play in game is, just explaining in case some didn't know).

Anyway, I can deal with being a 16 seed....just please Lord....no play in game.

I hear ya SUMG. It would be such a beating if we had to play next Tuesday in Ohio or wherever. I HATE the Play-in game. It's only like...6-7 years old right? They only added it because they wanted to keep the same number of at large spots when the MWC formed.

Whatever.

--I can't imagine any team with 23 wins being placed into the play-in game.....besides there are several conferences are considered weaker than the Belt... I would think Southland, Midcontinent, and Southwest Athletic are some of them. Besides doesn't the rules insure that a conference champ be awarded one of the 63 berths and not a play-in spot.

---We need to hatch a win tonight before we worry about those chickens...

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

--I can't imagine any team with 23 wins being placed into the play-in game.....besides there many conferneces considered weaker than the Belt... I would think Southland and Southwest Athletic are two of them. Besides doesn't the rules insure that a conference champ be awarded one of the 63 berths and not a play-in spot.

The Belt's RPI is higher than like 10 leagues as SUMG said. But the CHAMPIONS of these leagues all basically have RPI's better than ours.

And no...the Play In game is always between Conference Champions.

The Belt's RPI is higher than like 10 leagues as SUMG said. But the CHAMPIONS of these leagues all basically have RPI's better than ours.

And no...the Play In game is always between Conference Champions.

It's not really a play-in game. It counts as an NCAA Tournament game (which I discovered by accident when I saw a particularly weak program listed as having won a Tournament game, they count that as part of the tournament).