Navy Vs Unt On Veteran's Day Weekend !

MeanGreen61

Great timing for our game with Navy with the game being scheduled on the weekend of Veteran's Day (Sunday -November 11th). Hopefully we can make the game and game day a real event !

Oh man, could the Green Brigade put on a wonderful, patriotic show for a capacity crowd! I predict this will be a game day atmosphere to remember. Time to serve up some tailgating food to our men and women in uniform who will be at the game. What better way to show our appreciation for what they do.

american-flag-screensaver.jpg

Edited by DeepGreen

I spent 4 of the best years of my life in the Navy (69-73) and the Middies are my "other" team, too -- but for this game, it's UNT all the way. Sort of "I hope Navy plays a great game but doesn't win"! Regardless, I'm proud that UNT is hosting USNA. If you haven't seen a Navy game on the road, it's quite an experience, even with the smaller number of Midshipmen attending. Makes you stand a little straighter and actually sing the words to the National Anthem.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Well, let me jump in here with the rest of the swabbies. Served during the 'Forgotten War" (Korea) 1951-1954. USS Montrose (APA-212) and MCB-11. Navy is my second team and I can't wait for November 10. Go Navy everytime but that date.

Well, let me jump in here with the rest of the swabbies. Served during the 'Forgotten War" (Korea) 1951-1954. USS Montrose (APA-212) and MCB-11. Navy is my second team and I can't wait for November 10. Go Navy everytime but that date.

I ain't gonna say it was "forgotten" Have a great uncle that was a Leatherneck during Korea. He gave me one of his "Swaggersitcks" I've heard a couple of his stories.