Who's Handling The Accounting At Nt?

emmitt01

I posted a couple of weeks ago about this new "pay by March 28th" policy that NT athletics has decided to come up with for sitting in section E...and how much it sucked. So I called the ticket office last week to renew my season tickets and $500 donation to the MGC and was assured that your money is only due by March 28 to lock in the 2006 giving level ($250 to sit in section E) or else you have to pay $100 per ticket if you want to spread out a larger donation over time.

So the girl there tells me "With $200 for your two tickets and your donation of $500 plus some $5 processing fee it comes to about $100 a month up until August." Well, that's about what I've been paying for years so I figured no problem. Then the wife looks at our bank account today. $176 for the month of February! I called the NT ticket office to make sure there wasn't some mistake and was assured that, yes, they are spreading my donation out over 7 months. They just somehow weren't done billing me for last season! The girl at the ticket office tells me I OWE money from last season. Owe? Is this really the kind of language that those who give money out of their pockets for the love of NT athletics should be faced with? And how, in the name of God, can you not get a person's donation completely taken care of in the span of one football season? Hell, charge me more for month but don't have me paying last season's donation when the new season rolls around!

Edited by emmitt01

i've been having random $57 charges showing up on my account for the last two months, so i call the bank today and it's north texas taking out cash for my tickets. they never told me when it was starting or anything. it would have been nice to have a heads up. also, when i look online for any invoices i have open with them, it shows "no open invoices". a little stinky, but at least i'm only being charged a portion per month!

it's odd how they haven't finished charging you for last season though...

I make it easy and painless. I buy season tickets for the family, plus enough to bring friends. I just do it for the family section. I think it is more important to expose more people to UNT football than it is to give to a "giving club" that only results in sitting in seats that are no better than any others? Are their any good seats at Fouts? No. Make it easy on yourselves and just buy extra cheap tickets and bring more people. Filling up Fouts is truly the most important thing right now.

I make it easy and painless. I buy season tickets for the family, plus enough to bring friends. I just do it for the family section. I think it is more important to expose more people to UNT football than it is to give to a "giving club" that only results in sitting in seats that are no better than any others? Are their any good seats at Fouts? No. Make it easy on yourselves and just buy extra cheap tickets and bring more people. Filling up Fouts is truly the most important thing right now.

Wow.

The donations to the Mean Green club have not changed, you will be able to space those out starting in September. The renewal deadline is only to lock in the 2006 rates for the Tickets. Basically you pay for the tickets now or pay the extra $11 a ticket if you renew later. The drafts for the MGC should not start until September, seeing how last years have not finished yet. The only drafts that should be happening for the 2007 season are for the TICKET early renewals not the MGC

The donations to the Mean Green club have not changed, you will be able to space those out starting in September. The renewal deadline is only to lock in the 2006 rates for the Tickets. Basically you pay for the tickets now or pay the extra $11 a ticket if you renew later. The drafts for the MGC should not start until September, seeing how last years have not finished yet. The only drafts that should be happening for the 2007 season are for the TICKET early renewals not the MGC

Well that would be nice if it were true...but it's not. I'm being charged $100 a month for this season's MGC donation as well as for the remainder of last season's balance. The reason this is, starting this year, is that the donation level for section E is technically now $500. In order to give at the $250 level you have to have your MGC donation AND season ticket money in by March 28. Otherwise you pay the 11 bucks extra per ticket. And they're already taking out the MGC donation for 2007 as we speak. Or at least that's what the lady at the ticket office explained about why I'm paying so much over the next several months.

Well that would be nice if it were true...but it's not. I'm being charged $100 a month for this season's MGC donation as well as for the remainder of last season's balance. The reason this is, starting this year, is that the donation level for section E is technically now $500. In order to give at the $250 level you have to have your MGC donation AND season ticket money in by March 28. Otherwise you pay the 11 bucks extra per ticket. And they're already taking out the MGC donation for 2007 as we speak. Or at least that's what the lady at the ticket office explained about why I'm paying so much over the next several months.

This is one of the reasons that I never go the "automatic deduction" route.

Just pay yourself all year by putting a little money aside each month equivalent to your total bill divided by 12. Then when it is time to renew/purchase, you can walk in to the Ticket office, plop down the cash and walk away. Takes discipline, but at least you know where your money is going and when and eliminates surprises.