Dodge's First Unt Home Game At Fouts Will Be......

NT80

September 13...a Thursday night game....vs. a MAC opponent TBA (from a previous thread probably Northern Illinois, Buffalo, or Ball State).

2007 schedule so far looks like:

Sat. Sept. 1 @ OU

Sat. Sept. 8 @ SMUt

Thu. Sept. 13 vs MAC

Sat. Sept. 22 @ Arkansas

10/20 : @ Troy

10/27 : vs. Middle Tennessee

11/3 : vs Florida Atlantic

*subject to change until schedule officially released*

Edited by NT80

I hope it is not on a Thursday!

I think a Saturday home game to open the Dodge Era would be a ton better for attendance.

I know people will show on a Thursday night, but a whole lot more would show on Saturday

Harry's special guest on the podcast heard it announced yesterday as Sept. 13. Perhaps it's for TV Thursday night?

It makes sense that it would be a Thursday for television. The Dodge hire is a pretty big one and I would think as part of the SBC package they would put our first home game on the tube.

My only concern is 5 days rest coming off of our win over the ponies.

My concern is attendance. I would be glad to sacrifice the TV coverage for the opportunity to fill Fouts and expose all those previous "fence-sitters" to the new game day atmosphere at Fouts. The best way to do that is have the game at 6:00 on a Saturday.

We may play a hell of a game on Thursday night, and will probably win. But I want people to get hooked on the "whole package", and you can't have a proper tailgating experience at a Thursday night game.

Edited by SilverEagle

September 13...a Thursday night game....vs. a MAC opponent TBA (from a previous thread probably Northern Illinois, Buffalo, or Ball State).

2007 schedule so far looks like:

Sat. Sept. 1 @ OU

Sat. Sept. 8 @ SMUt

Thu. Sept. 13 vs MAC

Sat. Sept. 22 @ Arkansas

10/20 : @ Troy

10/27 : vs. Middle Tennessee

11/3 : vs Florida Atlantic

*subject to change until schedule officially released*

THE MAC OPPONENT WILL BE ONE OF THESE FOUR TEAMS : BOWLING GREEN , EASTERN MICHIGAN , KENT ST. OR N.ILLINOIS. ALL OTHER MAC TEAMS HAVE GAMES SCHEDULED FOR 09/15.

09/15 MAC games :

Akron vs Indiana

Ball St. @ Army

C.Michigan @ Purdue

Miami (OH) vs. Cincy

Ohio @ Va Tech

Toledo @ Kansas

W.Michigan @ Mizzu

All of these games have been confirmed.

**OKAY IT SHOULD BE DOWN TO 3 TEAMS ( BOWLING GREEN,KENT ST. OR UNI ) BASED ON THE MAC/SUNBELT CONTRACT BECAUSE E.MICHIGAN TRAVELED TO ULL THIS PAST SEASON.

Edited by NT03

THE MAC OPPONENT WILL BE ONE OF THESE FOUR TEAMS : BOWLING GREEN , EASTERN MICHIGAN , KENT ST. OR N.ILLINOIS. ALL OTHER MAC TEAMS HAVE GAMES SCHEDULED FOR 11/15.

11/15 MAC games :

Akron vs Indiana

Ball St. @ Army

C.Michigan @ Purdue

Miami (OH) vs. Cincy

Ohio @ Va Tech

Toledo @ Kansas

W.Michigan @ Mizzu

I presume you mean 9/15.......right????

Guest GrayEagleOne

THE MAC OPPONENT WILL BE ONE OF THESE FOUR TEAMS : BOWLING GREEN , EASTERN MICHIGAN , KENT ST. OR N.ILLINOIS. ALL OTHER MAC TEAMS HAVE GAMES SCHEDULED FOR 11/15.

11/15 MAC games :

Akron vs Indiana

Ball St. @ Army

C.Michigan @ Purdue

Miami (OH) vs. Cincy

Ohio @ Va Tech

Toledo @ Kansas

W.Michigan @ Mizzu

On the schedules that I saw, Ball State is not at Army; in fact, Army plays Wake Forest on 9/15. Bowling Green can be eliminated because they play FIU on 9/15. Then you can eliminate Kent State, who already has three away OOC games. Eastern Michigan already has four OOC games scheduled and the MAC typically plays eight conference and four OOC games each year. You did not include MAC member Buffalo and I can't find any preliminary schedule for them.

So, by process of elimination, it appears that the most likely opponent is Northern Illinois, who I believe already has two OOC home games. If this is a national TV game, the MAC will want to make a statement so they will put one of their best to play us. That would mean NIU over Buffalo and Ball State. While we can't confirm anything at this date it looks like the odds are it will be Northern Illinois.

My concern is attendance. I would be glad to sacrifice the TV coverage for the opportunity to fill Fouts and expose all those previous "fence-sitters" to the new game day atmosphere at Fouts. The best way to do that is have the game at 6:00 on a Saturday.

We may play a hell of a game on Thursday night, and will probably win. But I want people to get hooked on the "whole package", and you can't have a proper tailgating experience at a Thursday night game.

I'll be tailgating all day. :lol:

On the schedules that I saw, Ball State is not at Army; in fact, Army plays Wake Forest on 9/15. Bowling Green can be eliminated because they play FIU on 9/15. Then you can eliminate Kent State, who already has three away OOC games. Eastern Michigan already has four OOC games scheduled and the MAC typically plays eight conference and four OOC games each year. You did not include MAC member Buffalo and I can't find any preliminary schedule for them.

So, by process of elimination, it appears that the most likely opponent is Northern Illinois, who I believe already has two OOC home games. If this is a national TV game, the MAC will want to make a statement so they will put one of their best to play us. That would mean NIU over Buffalo and Ball State. While we can't confirm anything at this date it looks like the odds are it will be Northern Illinois.

Ive seen 4 different schedules and 2 have Army vs. Wake Forest and the other 2 have Ball St. @ Army on 09/15. Only one of these says confirmed and it has Ball St. vs Army. Apparently there has been some issues in the whole scheduling process with these teams.

Buffalo is at Penn St. on 09/15 , sometimes I forget they actually have a football team :lol:

So with your information , I would have to say UNI will be coming to Denton on either 09/13 or 09/15. Thank God Wolfe will gone!!

All those fence-sitters thru the years that saw too many ("yawn") "3'rd down, 25 yds to go and draw" type plays at many home season openers (with many of that group who would leave at half time) I would venture to say live within 15-25 minutes from Fouts Field. This has always been the focus group we never seem to focus on most any year of most any decade.

To make it even plainer, most of that (fence-sitting) group come from the city that our alma mater has called home since 1890. Once that group finally becomes sold on MG football, then all talk for a new 30,000 seat "only" stadium at the Mean Green Village will cease and common sense coupled with the knowledge of our main campus and our main campuses home city's future growth will (amazingly) prevail. We cannot build for tomorrow based on yesterday at UNT; maybe at some backwater (sparsely populated) collegiate outposts you can, but not in DENTON, TEXAS, AMERICA.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen