Hager Committed.

NTPhiKap99

Mean Green haul in another steal Posted: Tuesday, January 23, 2007Austin Westlake running back Bron Hager (6-foot-1, 210 pounds) has committed to UNT.

Hager, a Star-Telegram State 100 player, drew plenty of praise in the Class 5A Division I state title game against Carroll. He finished with 10 carries for 37 yards rushing and two touchdowns, and caught five passes for 75 yards.— Trae Thompson

Mean Green haul in another steal Posted: Tuesday, January 23, 2007Austin Westlake running back Bron Hager (6-foot-1, 210 pounds) has committed to UNT.

Hager, a Star-Telegram State 100 player, drew plenty of praise in the Class 5A Division I state title game against Carroll. He finished with 10 carries for 37 yards rushing and two touchdowns, and caught five passes for 75 yards.— Trae Thompson

Were there any other schools that offer him a schlorship?

DMN/DRC article.....

UNT gets commitment

07:20 PM CST on Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Austin Westlake's Bron Hager said Tuesday that he has orally committed to North Texas. Baylor also offered Hager (6-1, 210) a scholarship. Oral commitments are non-binding. The first day recruits can sign national letters of intent is Feb. 7.

Hager was a linebacker as a junior at Westlake before moving to running back as a senior, when he rushed for 1,119 yards and was a second-team All-District 25-5A selection.

UNT recruited Hager as a safety.

Brett Vito

You don't rush for 1,119 yards for a 5-A play-off school with 5.0 speed. For that matter, you don't play Linebacker for a 5-A play-off school with that kind of speed, .....and you don't play safety either. I'm sure 5.0 is a mistake.

I totally agree...5.0 speed is awful coming out of Westlake. Watching this kid in person, he did not look that slow...they probably timed him in pads...running in the sand :)

The kid looked like a good athlete in the state final game against SLC. I remember his dad Britt Hager at UT in the infamous 1988 game that NT WON. I think he was a LB that made big plays that year for UT.

---His father, Britt Hagar, played Linebacker on some very good Odessa Permian teamsbefore he went to UT. After UT he played in the NFL for several years. It may not mean much but he has a very good football history, and they like to win.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

Go to Rivals.com and look his name up, you will see at the rivals camp he ran a 5.02 40. Folks, I'm sorry but if his speed is that slow he will definitely not be seeing time at safety. I think he would be a better fit for linebacker anyway.

If he really does run a 5.02, I wouldn't expect to see him as a linebacker at any D-1 school.