More On Graham betrayal of Rice

Harry

I don't think he had to "nag" them too much if they watched some games the last two seasons. Things were heading south fast, including donations and support for other school areas. Look at what the new hire has done, bet he's already paid for his first year salary in new donations alone!

I'd like to see the numbers on that one.

You see here's the problem with the line of thinking that has taken hold lately though. MeanGreenEngineer and his cronies (I used the word "cronies" for obvious sarcastic impact...high five!) assume that because one poster says something the rest of us just fall in line like lemmings. I don't know about anyone else but I'm pretty sure the following don't require much "blind allegiance" to get in line with them:

1)Darrell Dickey on the whole was not a winning coach

2)Winning the Sun Belt is not rocket science

3)DD, on the whole, was not exactly a "positive" when it came to selling the program

4)Todd Dodge, from a postive press angle, was a good hire...as far as coaching, how do you do worse than 3-9?

5)We are recruiting at a level higher than we have in recent memory

6)PMG's posts, much less his math, are not taken as "gospel"

7)The new UNT Dallas logo was devised by a third grader whose mommy or daddy are still collecting checks in the university's art department.

8)SMU sucks.

You see here's the problem with the line of thinking that has taken hold lately though. MeanGreenEngineer and his cronies (I used the word "cronies" for obvious sarcastic impact...high five!) assume that because one poster says something the rest of us just fall in line like lemmings. I don't know about anyone else but I'm pretty sure the following don't require much "blind allegiance" to get in line with them:

3)DD, on the whole, was not exactly a "positive" when it came to selling the program

4)Todd Dodge, from a postive press angle, was a good hire...as far as coaching, how do you do worse than 3-9?

7)The new UNT Dallas logo was devised by a third grader whose mommy or daddy are still collecting checks in the university's art department.

8)SMU sucks.

Nice... nice... great list there Emmitt... Tasty might even like it.

?

crony n. informal often derogatory a close friend or companion.

cronyism n. derogatory the appointment of friends and associates to positions of authority, without proper regard to their qualifications.

croon v. [intrans.] hum or sing in a soft, low voice, esp. in a sentimental manner: "she was crooning to the child."

Its not a surprise that Graham is gone. Sure it sucks for all those Rice people and all the athletes but such is life. If Rice wanted too why dont they go after someone who is in the same league if not better than Graham? These universities are small because they want to play small. They are acting like Graham is leaving like its the end of the world. Quit crying and start looking at what Rice can do and get someone here that can continue the momentum. How do you think Louisville felt when Petrino left? What about when Saban left LSU? This is a fact of life in everything out there whether people like it or not. Universities will always say they cant afford this and that but the fact of the matter is that they dont want to pursue an investment that will probably be a good return. Instead of TD getting hired if RV went ahead and signed Larry Coker for 1-2 million per year you dont think anyone would care?? Oh my gosh there would be hoopla and the buzz and money would be even bigger because its Coker and he's coming from Miami and the fact that he won a national championship 4 years or so ago. An athletics program is all about how much is getting put into it. In the last 5-8 years it seems NT seems to be giving more importance to the athletics department and thats why its flourishing on all levels. Mark these words: If Todd Dodge does wonders for this program for a couple of years and does what Graham did at Rice then I promise you Dodge will bolt NT for another job paying more money and/or a more prestigous job. That is just life and people need to stop whining and crying because that AINT gonna get you anywhere. You wanna do something about it? Go out there and match and beat what you lost so the momentum can keep on going for the program. Thats the only way mid majors will be successful and get to that "next level".

8)SMU sucks.

And what in the wide world of sports is wrong with my math, emmitt10, O Ye of Young Gun Alums fame? :rolleyes::) I merely post opinions and my .02, just like you and everyone else and to even think anyone (apparently) was even considering taking anything I posted as "gospel" :blink: is even making me feel a bit more religious. a bit more pious yet still sorta' makes me blush as to prove my small Texas town inherited modesty. :blushing:(You don't know me well enough to know I'm being as facetious as hell with all this, too--gospel or no gospel).

And E01, you also hardly know me at all to understand that this NT alum is ready to see his alma mater shit or get off the pot for what it feels its real role is at the NCAA D1-A level (and especially for MG basketball which has not been a revenue producer for decades). We have many multi-year staff members who have been getting paid pretty nicely to mostly deliver to all of us what has (basically) been an NCAA 1-AA-type athletic program which (for the most part) has been disguised as one that is NCAA D1-A.

The hiring of Todd Dodge is the biggest step we've made toward changing our football program's (upwardly bound) direction and fortunes for awhile. And having a hire that has received such universal acceptance from most of the MG Nation is nothing to take for granted (as we know by all the divesity shown on GMG.com). We haven't had a football program that had a team worthy of national rankings for over 25 years now. We (also) all have our hopes that Coach Dodge will create the kind of excitment that will get us out of this annual 15K per home game hole we've been in forever and help us become the next Boise State-type of football program. Many also hope all the excitement of TD's hire catches on with all our other varsity programs, too, because (FWIW) I think it really needs to catch on for that group at this point in time.

Here's ya' some math (and I hope I don't screw it up because I do have a caculator here). :rolleyes: :

True bonfide D1-A employees @ UNT + D1-A goals & all NT athletics staff member's new outside their usual box efforts ='s something similar to what we just saw Boise State accomplish.

Just my .02 again and now back to Graham and Tulsa...

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

MeanGreenEngineer and his cronies (I used the word "cronies" for obvious sarcastic impact...high five!) assume that because one poster says something the rest of us just fall in line like lemmings.

Can we all agree not to use Borat references? Some sort of Internet Flame War Geneva Convention. Agreed? Good, no mustard gas or Borat schtick.

Who said he was?

I guess that means if Dodge doesn't deliver the conference this year you are going to be calling for his head? It might not be an accomplishment for a Big 12 program, but for a Sun Belt program it is a challenge. It happens to be on that North Texas should rise to very often, but it is still a challenge.

No one said he was. And when the team was winning, no one seemed to care.

Dodge is a great hire, as for the second question: 2-10, 1-11 or 0-12, but I will have to check those numbers.

Agree, but who was arguing we were not?

I am pretty sure that for $25 you can become an ordained Plummerist Preacher, and it Texas, can legally perform a marriage ceremony.

It's terrible, but who was arguing that?

8)SMU sucks.

Once again, who was arguing this?

Look, emmitt, we're both Mean Green fans, we should be friends:

6a00c2251d84868fdb00cd9ch6.jpg

Can we all agree not to use Borat references? Some sort of Internet Flame War Geneva Convention. Agreed? Good, no mustard gas or Borat schtick.

Who said he was?

I guess that means if Dodge doesn't deliver the conference this year you are going to be calling for his head? It might not be an accomplishment for a Big 12 program, but for a Sun Belt program it is a challenge. It happens to be on that North Texas should rise to very often, but it is still a challenge.

No one said he was. And when the team was winning, no one seemed to care.

Dodge is a great hire, as for the second question: 2-10, 1-11 or 0-12, but I will have to check those numbers.

Agree, but who was arguing we were not?

I am pretty sure that for $25 you can become an ordained Plummerist Preacher, and in Texas, can legally perform a marriage ceremony.

It's terrible, but who was arguing that?

Once again, who was arguing this?

Look, emmitt, we're both Mean Green fans, we should be friends:

6a00c2251d84868fdb00cd9ch6.jpg

Man O man, all the misinformed, misunderstood ink I get on Harry's board here, MGE; but actually, that would be.................$49.99 (cash or money orders, please)! :innocent: Send in that money now: IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (and mine, too).:) But yes (in deedy), MGE, my own math has already been questioned by one of our young gun "whipper-snapper" alums (which was what I was called at a similar age); but lets not let this get out of hand and become epidural. :blink:

PS Welcome back, GGII, I see you're reading all this lagniape, but where the heck you been?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen