Prospects

megagreen

I'm not sure if coach Dodge looks for smaller, more agile linemen, but I've come across a few big boys while scoping around the internet that maybe we should be recruiting. I always think we need beef on our o-line and d-line:

Lloyd Loggins - DT/OL 6-3 300 Sr. - Dallas Carter

Lorenzo Rice - OL/DL 6-3 315 Sr. - Dallas Carter

Tony Chalmers - OL/DL 6-3 330 Sr. - Dallas Carter

Jeremiah Hatch - OL/DL 6-3 301 Sr. - Dallas Carter

I don't think any of these guys are being recruited (might be grades), but they are worth a look. (How is it fair that Carter had all of these road graders on their line?)

Trey Baysinger - OL/DL 6-7 305 Sr. - Dallas Carter

Baysinger is being recruited, but has not signed.

Here are some more:

Phillip Gates - OL/DL 6-4 315 Sr. - Dallas Skyline

Terrael Williams - OL 6-8 360 Sr. - Dallas Skyline

Cameron Burger - OL/DE 6-4 255 Sr. - Hebron

Spencer Rogers - OL 6-3 330 Sr. - Hebron

Alfredo Banda - OL/DL 6-4 250 Sr. - Dallas Wilson

Jordan Pleasants - OT/DL 6-3 260 Sr. - Dallas Wilson

Preston Richmond - OL/DL 6-3 240 Sr. - Dallas Wilson

Josh LeRibeus - OL 6-4 303 Sr. - Berkner

Carlos Cuevas - OT/DL 6-2 316 Sr. - Plano

John Niutei - OL 6-3 308 Sr. - Euless Trinity

I have not done a lot of research on these guys. I just think that it is interesting that there are so many big kids that are right in our back yard that are not recruited and some of these guys may not be anywhere near their potential.

Comment on these guys if you know anything.

GMG!

Are these guys all Division I talent....or are they just all big? You didn't say that they were great players, just that they had size.

Secondly, as I recall, we had an O lineman named Baysinger (from Dallas Carter)....didn't we? I think his name was Al. I'm sure that he's related to this guy. I don't remember Al lasting very long at NT.

Anyway, if there's anyone who would know if these Carter and other DISD kids are good players...it's Cooley. Maybe he knows something about some of them.

I wonder why so many seem to equate size and ability for lineman. You could recruit a team with every lineman over 320 if that what you want to do, doesn't mean any of them can play.

But that one guy . . . six foot eight?? 360?? If he can stand up when the ball is snapped, he's going to provide a big obstacle even to run around.

But that one guy . . . six foot eight?? 360?? If he can stand up when the ball is snapped, he's going to provide a big obstacle even to run around.

Trey Baysinger is the younger brother of Al Baysinger. Al never played at NT. He was on the verge of signing/committing to NT but then signed with OU. Actually played well for OU and was a 2-3 year starter at offensive tackle. This kid is not fat at all. Very bow legged. (sp)

Hatch was their best lineman and top recruit at center. Also plays center on the basketball team. Loggins is only about 280 and played mostly at defensive tackle. Would be a nice pickup. Not sure of possible grade issues with any of them.

The other Carter kids aren't players.

The kid from Berkner committed to SMU and the Trinity kid I believe committed to an out of state school.

I wish this trend of linemen being so huge would reverse.

And for damn sure, I think it's sad, that there are so many 300 lb. players now in HIGH SCHOOL.

HBO Real Sports did a report on this....and it's not good. The high majority of those 300 lb. high school linemen won't get college scholarships. And after their playing days are over, many of them stop working out....and before you know, many of these 18-20 kids are now weighing 350-400 lbs.