New Era - New Spirit Ideas

trud1966

Another crazy thought I had - I used to fly remote controlled, model airplanes and one time, a guy showed me an ornithopter. It actually resembled a bird pretty well. Maybe there's a RC enthusiast/pilot in Denton that would be able to build(with UNT funding, ofcourse) and fly an RC Green Eagle.

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/t...s_1931_10586012

I spoke to this guy already.....:

Steve_Martin.gif

......Steve Martin of the Natural Encounters organization about this very subject back in 1990 after one of his shows in Dallas and you would have thought I called his mother a whore or something. He chewed my and three girls from Talons asses out in front of about 20 people down in front of the stage after we asked him for some information on the subject and he all but threw us out. You DO NOT WANT to contact this man about any bird of prey being placed on display for the sake of being an object of amusement. You will not like what he has to say to you.

Rick

That's too bad. Somewhere I had this vision in the back of my head asking someone and knew it would piss them off and getting this lecture with the guy poking me in the chest. Does seem odd though. If the guy lets a bird loose from the Giant Ferris Wheel at the State Fair to fly over a crowd. What would be the differece with this really? Fly the damn bird in, put him in back in his cage. Stand over in some public area for a couple hours with hand-outs about Bird-Conservation. Let a few hundred people take camera-phone photos, collect donations, glad hand a few people, sell some t-shirts, pick your payment from UNT, hit the road, see ya in a couple of weeks. I've been to the "Kings of the Wind" show at the fair about 15 times, it's exactly the same thing. Hell, he's only gotta manage ONE bird for this show. With payment and donations, this guy (or someone else) could make a couple grand in about 4 hours. Not bad money if you can get it. Crap, I'll wear a feather boa and jump from the press-box with 2 green umbrellas for that kind of money. Steve Martin needs to switch to De-Caf. Thanks for the heads-up Rick.

That's too bad. Somewhere I had this vision in the back of my head asking someone and knew it would piss them off and getting this lecture with the guy poking me in the chest. Does seem odd though. If the guy lets a bird loose from the Giant Ferris Wheel at the State Fair to fly over a crowd. What would be the differece with this really? Fly the damn bird in, put him in back in his cage. Stand over in some public area for a couple hours with hand-outs about Bird-Conservation. Let a few hundred people take camera-phone photos, collect donations, glad hand a few people, sell some t-shirts, pick your payment from UNT, hit the road, see ya in a couple of weeks. I've been to the "Kings of the Wind" show at the fair about 15 times, it's exactly the same thing. Hell, he's only gotta manage ONE bird for this show. With payment and donations, this guy (or someone else) could make a couple grand in about 4 hours. Not bad money if you can get it. Crap, I'll wear a feather boa and jump from the press-box with 2 green umbrellas for that kind of money. Steve Martin needs to switch to De-Caf. Thanks for the heads-up Rick.

NOW YOU'RE TALKING!

I'll donate $100.00 to that project. ;)

For some reason in the mid to late 90's I remember NT doing an eagle rehabilitation release program. They found injured eagles nursed them back to health and then released them at the White House where the Gateway now stands...does anyone know or remember that?

Why don't we paint a crow green and release it? Seems some people think it's funny to "Caw" at our games anyways...