Helmet Design

Smitty

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more thought on a possible new North Texas helmet. This idea came while watching Houston last night, then looking closely at OU, Kansas, Georgia Tech, and a few others. I've simply placed one letter over the other, so that both letters are clearly visible. This uses the new font, slightly widened, in about the size of the UH, OU, GT, etc., and positioned to miss the chin-strap snaps on the side of the helmet.

helmet-new-NT.jpg

By the way, I'm adding several of these helmet designs as avatars on Mean Green Graphics. However, when UNT displays its new helmet for 2007, I plan to add that as an avatar and remove all the other designs.

Edited by Smitty

I like the pride sticker idea, maybe tiny stickers of the new full eagle logo?

Then you would upset the Mean Green purist out there. Many don't want any form of the Eagle on the helmet or uniform (I'm not one of them). We are the Mean Green. I guess you could go to Office Depot and get a box of green or white, plain round stickers, depending on helmet color we end up with.

One more thought on a possible new North Texas helmet. This idea came while watching Houston last night, then looking closely at OU, Kansas, Georgia Tech, and a few others. I've simply placed one letter over the other, so that both letters are clearly visible. This uses the new font, slightly widened, in about the size of the UH, OU, GT, etc., and positioned to miss the chin-strap snaps on the side of the helmet.

helmet-new-NT.jpg

By the way, I'm adding several of these helmet designs as avatars on Mean Green Graphics. However, when UNT displays its new helmet for 2007, I plan to add that as an avatar and remove all the other designs.

I think that looks great..........but it appears a bit off center or something. Possibly the logo needs to move down and to the left.

Then you would upset the Mean Green purist out there. Many don't want any form of the Eagle on the helmet or uniform (I'm not one of them). We are the Mean Green. I guess you could go to Office Depot and get a box of green or white, plain round stickers, depending on helmet color we end up with.

Chalk up another person for "NO" to pride stickers.

The Oversized winged helmet with Cincinnati Bengals influence is the only way to go. No pride stickers on that. We should switch back to 'NORTH TEXAS' on the front of our jerseys.

If you don't mine me asking, when is the annual gomeangreen flag football game? I would love to go watch the losers on this board try to play football and live out their dreams that they never achieved because none of ya'll were ever athletes in the first place. Please I beg of you all get a life and quit with the helmet designs.

If you don't mine me asking, when is the annual gomeangreen flag football game? I would love to go watch the losers on this board try to play football and live out their dreams that they never achieved because none of ya'll were ever athletes in the first place. Please I beg of you all get a life and quit with the helmet designs.

Will do Elliot, as soon as I post my latest rendition. :whistling1:

Smitty, you can probably do a better job on this design, if it has any merit. I wanted to make the Eagle faint in the background but couldn't make it work. Also, I wanted to try a "gradient" helmet, where the lower part of the helmet begins in a much darker green and gradually moves to lighter shades at the top.

Hey, we're just playing here folks. Don't get your bowels in an uproar! :shocking:

helmet-new-NTWEagleSmall.jpg

And where did you play? List your honors a$$wipe.

How do your football abilities throughout school stack up to that mouth?

:thumbdown:

Edited by Got5onIt

Elliott, I have to ask - are you a former North Texas player? What athletic accomplisments do you have? From your elitist comments I am sure you have some sort of athletic prowess. I was just wondering what.

Ok, let me get this straight, we are losers and have lo life because we are posting on helmet designs? :blink: UMMMM,, you're the one who is lurking and trolling around on a message board trying to piss people off. :baby:

OK, I welcome you to try and cover any of us during the GMG bowl. but just to add insult to injury, I nominate elliot as manditory Emmitt cover-er.

Good Luck. :blowup::clapping: