Mean Green Vs. Nebraska

chrisfisher

Nebraska is one of the most important games for our program. I can't stress how much a win would help us. Students complain that we only beat unknown (to them anyhow) teams. Well, this Wednesday we play an undefeated Big 12 team that most everyone knows. Sure, in the end, it doesn't help us win conference and it won't be the end of the season if we can't pull it off, but I believe a win against Nebraska on their home court will rally big time support for the team as well as legitimize our team in the publics' eyes.

I think that if the hot shooting team that played Charlotte shows up, we can pull this off. We are definite underdogs for this game though. Currently, Sagarin predicts an 11 point Nebraska victory.

Edited by chrisfisher

Huge game no doubt.  I fear Wooden will really struggle against the 6-11 guy tho (Marik).  He is an NBA caliber player.

What do you bet we'll get a big dose of Howerton? Coach will send him in to frustrate/rough up Marik, and if Howerton fouls out then we still have Williams and Wooden. I am not saying Howerton will start, but I bet Coach will fall back on this strategy against their big man.. I have seen him do it before on several occasions last season using Barnett.

Edited by chrisfisher

I am pretty excited about this game! I really hope we do not start out slow in the first half like we did against Tulsa, UTA, and Texas State. I don't think we can afford to get behind more than 10 points against Nebraska at home. Hopefully, the hot shooting team that showed up against Charlotte, Rice, and the second half of Texas State will show up! Go Mean Green!

Quotes from today's DRC about Aleks Maric:

Keith Wooden (has faced Maric before): It's going to be a big challenge to face him. Maric can play.He's a big guy who can score around the basket."

Coach Jones: We are going to rotate a lot of bodiesagainst him and try to wear him out. We are going to try to make him run and defend us."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This sounds like how NT defended Denver's Yemmi Nicholson the last two years.