Who's making the trip to Monroe?

Green Grenade II

1) It's Thanksgiving weekend, and my wife has threatened me to go and not come back. I decided I don't want to tangle with her this weekend.

2) Motivation. If the game was across the street, I might go. Then, again, maybe not.

3) I holding my enthusiasm for our new football coach and new coaching staff. I've been there with season tickets and all that good stuff for Coach Dickey. I was there last year when Tulsa beat the h__ out of us in our home opener, 54-2. I was there this fall when we got blasted by Middle Tennessee, 35-0.

I loved us beating SMU, especially since they're doing so well. I hate SMU and it was great to beat them.

So, enjoy the trip for all who are going. I'll listen on the radio...then it's time to bring in our new football coach, and a bright new future for Mean Green Football!

My brother and I will be heading for Monroe, LA from Houston on Saturday morning...should be there by kickoff at 6 pm. This is our first road trip on our new Harleys...about 7 hour trip. BTW, does anyone have a recommendation on where to stay in Monroe.....my understanding is that there are some parts of town that are pretty rough..... Thanks and hope to see ya at the game!

GMG

GreenEyedDad

My brother and I will be heading for Monroe, LA from Houston on Saturday morning...should be there by kickoff at 6 pm.  This is our first road trip on our new Harleys...about 7 hour trip.  BTW, does anyone have a recommendation on where to stay in Monroe.....my understanding is that there are some parts of town that are pretty rough.....  Thanks and hope to see ya at the game!

GMG

GreenEyedDad

I think that west Monroe has the best motels, but I don't have any recommendations. Please drive (ride) carefully.

My brother and I will be heading for Monroe, LA from Houston on Saturday morning...should be there by kickoff at 6 pm.  This is our first road trip on our new Harleys...about 7 hour trip.  BTW, does anyone have a recommendation on where to stay in Monroe.....my understanding is that there are some parts of town that are pretty rough.....  Thanks and hope to see ya at the game!

GMG

GreenEyedDad

Soccer team also stayed Holiday Inn. I stayed in Marriott Courtyard off of I-20, located next to Big Mall and an Applebees, and is West Monroe. Lots of restaurants in area. smile.gif