Rice Vs Oregon

chrisfisher

Rice lost 79-73 to Oregon (5-0; first place in the Pac-10) tonight. And they took one overtime period to beat them. That was really good Rice team we beat on their home court... same as the Charlotte game. Folks, the UTA game was a likely a fluke. I know that it is a little early in the season to say this, but winning 2 out of town games against good teams does not happen by accident. The X-factor is Davis sitting out for the next 6 weeks or more. I can only hope the team plays like they did at Rice without Davis.

Rice lost 79-73 to Oregon (5-0; first place in the Pac-10) tonight. And they took one overtime period to beat them.  That was really good Rice team we beat on their home court... same as the Charlotte game.  Folks, the UTA game was a likely a fluke. I know that it is a little early in the season to say this, but winning 2 out of town games against good teams does not happen by accident. The X-factor is Davis sitting out for the next 6 weeks or more. I can only hope the team plays like they did at Rice without Davis.

I had no doubts that Rice was a good team. As far as I was concerned it was a great win for our program.

Rice lost 79-73 to Oregon (5-0; first place in the Pac-10) tonight. And they took one overtime period to beat them.  That was really good Rice team we beat on their home court... same as the Charlotte game.  Folks, the UTA game was a likely a fluke. I know that it is a little early in the season to say this, but winning 2 out of town games against good teams does not happen by accident. The X-factor is Davis sitting out for the next 6 weeks or more. I can only hope the team plays like they did at Rice without Davis.

How about we wait just a little bit longer until we call the UTA game a fluke. The team is still finding themselves and we could easily swing in either direction. I do like the determination and emotion they are displaying, but let's try to avoid putting the cart ahead of the horse.

How about we wait just a little bit longer until we call the UTA game a fluke.  The team is still finding themselves and we could easily swing in either direction.  I do like the determination and emotion they are displaying, but let's try to avoid putting the cart ahead of the horse.

I hear you... notice my qualifiers in my statement... that it is likely a fluke... and I went to say that I know it is a little early to say this stuff...obviously, I am not 100% certain saying the UTA game was a fluke....but it is difficult to explain our two big road wins any other way...hopefully our team won't regress like they did towards the end of last season...it seems though with Ben Bell and Keith Wooden are just getting warmed up to the team, it appears that the only way is up for us... there is just that one damn Kendrick Davis injury factor that still has to play out....before we will know where we stand.

Edited by chrisfisher