Info on Kendrick Davis ('Surgery' vs 'Stitches')

UNTflyer

UNT player has surgery

North Texas men's basketball guard Kendrick Davis had surgery to repair his injured left hand after he broke a glass window in a door at the Super Pit following UT-Arlington's controversial 83-81 victory over UNT on Wednesday night.

UNT coach Johnny Jones said Davis did not punch the quarter-inch glass with his fist, but he forcefully tried to open the door and "pushed" his palm through the window. A trail of Davis' blood led to the locker room.

Jones said Davis' injuries are to the palm side of his shooting (left) hand, and no bone breaks are evident.

-- Troy Phillips

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/colleges/16036693.htm

Unfortunately, this blurb doesn't tell us much. DMN calls it "stiches"

UNT guard gets stitches in shooting hand

DENTON – Senior guard Kendrick Davis underwent a procedure on his shooting hand Thursday after breaking a window in a hallway door of the Super Pit after a loss to UT-Arlington on Wednesday.

Coach Johnny Jones said Davis tried to push the door open with an open hand while running back to the locker room and accidentally broke the glass. Davis went to the hospital and had stitches after the game to close cuts.

His status for the next few weeks has yet to be determined.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...5.453f2201.html

I cut the hell outta my hand bartending during intramurals last year and tried to play...

I am telling you now...he wont be playing...

Johnny playing with a broken hand covered in a HARD cast... thats reasonable...KD playing wiht the potential of blowing the stitches out with the slightest shot to the hand....yeah not taking that risk...

quote me!