North Texas names new facility after axed coach

Will to Win

My (hopefully) last comment on this (out of frustration) – Since Mac has made it clear that Dickey is his guy and therefore wants the field renamed. Can we call it-

rolleyes.gif Mac’s Little Dickey Field rolleyes.gif

rolleyes.gif

Of course, if Box Springs Willie had his way, DD would be at UNT another 9 years and then he, his box springs employees and all their immediate families concerned could have a very intimate setting at Fouts Field among each other since no one else would be there. ohmy.gif

Damn! I'll be glad when every thread on GMG.com will be on Rick V's new HFC's hire and (hopefully) some exciting news about the new Big Donor (which makes me think there may be some acitvity happening toward that new football stadium located on prime interstate real estate between those 2 very busy Texas interstates out on that rolling Texas prairie we now call the Mean Green Village @ Eagle Point Campus. cool.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

McIngvale's $1 million gift is the second-largest since Villarreal became athletics director in 2001. The school will soon announce a seven-figure deal that trumps the others, Villarreal said.

Anyone have any skinny on this?

Rumor, just rumor, had the public phase of the new stadium starting next spring, and after this football season was concluded (one way or the other). Not saying all the timing was planned that way but if you are going to announce a large stadium donation and want others to give, donors would be in a better mood to do so if the program had been recently "refreshed" shall we say? Maybe it's all hopeful thinking. cool.gif

and espn 103.3 radio

It just occoured to me that the Dallas Mavricks were here using our facilities during thier training camp. I would like to guess that our "TRUMP GUY" is Mark Cuban!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not think Mark Cuban will be donating $ to a cause that could eventually take money out of his own pocket. The Dallas Mavericks and UNT football are competing for the same people to attend their events and buy their merchandise. They play many games on the same day. Cuban is way too smart to donate to UNT athletics.

Edited by MG Insurance Pro

Guest Aquila_Viridis

"The school will soon announce a seven-figure deal that trumps the others, Villarreal said."

Read between the lines: Trump is giving $5, $15, $25 and $35. And he's the one who said "You're fired."

I do not think Mark Cuban will be donating $ to a cause that could eventually take money out of his own pocket. The Dallas Mavericks and UNT football are competing for the same people to attend their events and buy their merchandise. They play many games on the same day. Cuban is way too smart to donate to UNT athletics.

we have 5 home games, Mavs have 40+ home games. We are not competing for the same events! It makes sense that Cuban would donate to UNT after spending a week here. That is the kind of guy he is. He loves sports!

we have 5 home games, Mavs have 40+ home games. We are not competing for the same events! It makes sense that Cuban would donate to UNT after spending a week here. That is the kind of guy he is. He loves sports!

I agree, I mean, the Mavs didn't even start their season til we had what, 1, maybe 2 home games left for the season. I seriously doubt very many of the 15-20k at Fouts would have been at the AA center if UNT weren't playing. We don't pose the slightest threat to the Mavs, period. You can buy Mavs gear EVERYWHERE. Where can you buy UNT stuff??? Only at the UNT bookstores.