The Worst GMG.com Poll Ever!

PlummMeanGreen

Hey! You were fore-warned! The worst poll ever on GMG.com! tongue.gif

But a hardy handful of various levels of officials from our main campus will read this and get the drift--guaranteed. rolleyes.gif

Seriously, I do hope there is a candidate that rises to the top very quickly and he becomes the most obvious fit for our situation at this time in our school's most staggering "boom growth" history and then................ Rick V signs him to a 5 or 6 year contract.

There are tens upon tens of thousands of Denton County-ites who are waiting to see some high-flying, exciting Mean Green football for their first time ever.

We are way over-due for such a hire in Denton, folks, waaaayyyyyyyy over-due.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Hopefully,

One who (like UTEP's Price) can have UNT ranked in the Top 25 in his 2'nd or 3'rd year in Denton

and

One who after Rick V announces the high profile name coach the MG Nation buys thousands of season tickets in a matter of hours

are one and the same.

Keith

Hopefully, the "high profile" coach that come in and sell 7,000 season tickets next year, with increases each year because his North Texas teams are exciting to see and are winning. This will engergize the fan base even more and wake up those that have been sleeping. More season tickets also means we can draw good assistant coaches because we can now afford to pay the good ones more $$$$.

Hopefully, the "high profile" coach that come in and sell 7,000 season tickets next year, with increases each year because his North Texas teams are exciting to see and are winning.  This will engergize the fan base even more and wake up those that have been sleeping.  More season tickets also means we can draw good assistant coaches because we can now afford to pay the good ones more $$$$.

First of all, all should be reminded the year Corky Nelson got fired he opened up his final season with a Fouts Field win over the SMU Mustangs; but in Corky's case, his final team went 6 & 5 and for what its worth, it was our NT administration who dropped the ball when they didn't hire "THE RIGHT COACH" who could or would take us to the next step after the Nelson years had ended. This is the cycle Rick Villarreal must break (and is trying his damndest to do so from what a very good source told me yesterday).

In reference to DD telling his own recuits "they said I couldn't recruit"; anyway, I am trying to remember anyone on GMG.com posting that we (collectively) don't have good recruits. unsure.gif

I think the main theme that has come from some of us on GMG.com is that we just didn't have the volume of good recruits we needed to have to complement a hardy handful of some pretty good football players we have in camp now and into next season. Just seems to be more of "DD versus The World" psychology of which for his next job he might need to re-examine its long-term value and effectiveness for all of the constituencies he really needs to take into consideration if and when he decides to go that card in the future.

We all have to hope our next HFC will not only take our "across the board" recruiting to the next step, but when we beat one of the better SBC schools (like we did tonight) that we are not just curious as to where it puts us in context to the rest of the SBC but rather how high such wins will put us as far as a Top 25 ranking is concerned. ohmy.gif

THIS IS NOT FOR TENDER MEAN GREEN EARS:

I ran into a TCU alum acquaintance over in Fort Worth a couple days ago at a Kinkos and one who has been reading GMG.com off and on for the last few years.

Nevertheless, he has been reading this forum a bit more this week because of DD getting fired and his reading most all the articles in DFW papers on the firing and his comment to me after reading many posts on GMG.com that even made me flinch a bit (although I had to agree with him to some extent was):

"Jim, some of your alums on that message board of yalls don't know their shit from their oatmeal when it comes to knowing what it takes to having a progressive D1-A college football program and the kind of personel who can make it happen. Then in closing he said.........."Your Athletic Director made the right decision with Dickey."

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

You're right...

WORST POLL EVER!!!

No, you're actually right, nothing in it would really make much sense to some on this board but it probably would to those from campus who this poll was intended for in the first place; and that group of which I'd bet some of that group have already perused this poll as to get the real gist of its message loud and clear.

Sadly, I will still defer to my TCU acquaintances quote; you know, the one in the big gray letters because that has been my own impression of way too many of the UNT elect in recent years while we have been regularly bottom-feeding.

AND.....................sorry, a very large portion of our elect still feel beating SBC schools to get to a bowl has impressed few outside of Denton and all the other SBC outposts--I suppose the regional and national media has more than subtlely hinted that to all us SBC'ers more than anyone? sad.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I would like the kinda of coach that would make it a law not to have polls such as the one i just participated in.

First of all, before UNT makes too quick a hire, please let some water run under the bridge so we can all get real surprised with some applicants many might be very surprised will have applied for our UNT HFC's job. FWIWI.................seems we acted a bit too quick last time around we hired a new MG HGC if some will only take the time to think back. sad.gif

And greensteve, thanks for participating....I am working on a poll far worse than this one. Some of you will hate it so much you'll even vote in that one, too. rolleyes.gif As they say............vote your conscience and vote often.

PS: Glad to see where most have placed their votes in this bad poll, although I think we don't have a snow balls chance in hell of getting that kind of coach at UNT since I don't think we have for one second entertained the idea of doing such. That kind of coach and quick Top 25 ranking (Year 2?) are reserved only for basketball schools like UTEP. ohmy.gif

AND..............you want a coach from Texas? Well, looks like we'll have to have an

A.D. from Texas for that to happen as we have yet another (too) noticeable trend in play in Mean Green Country:

And Helwig is from what state? So who did he hire for his swan song hire?

Rick V is from what state? Wanna' place some bets from which state (or school from that state) our next head football coach will come from? rolleyes.gif

ON THE OTHER HAND: Whatever state our head football coach comes as long as he points this MG football ship in the direction that ultimately was the non-direction that cost Darrell Dickey his job (can we all say TOP 25 in unison?); anyway, no matter from what state such a coach would come would probably have all of our votes.

TEXAS, OUR TEXAS, ALL HAIL OUR MIGHTY STATE: Hell, yes, we native Texans all love our nation (excuse me) state of Texas and most all our fellow Texans, but even if our coach came from Moscow State U (which would obviously mean our A.D. would have to be from Russian or have roots from some Russian university) rolleyes.gif ANYHOW............even if such a coach from WHEREVER STATE U can get us to a point of emulating former fellow Big West Conference member Boise State as to get us in and keep us in the Top 25 most every year, I'll raise a toast of the best vodka available and that to all eras of Mean Greeners for such a coach as that.

Rick V made the tough choice last week **and we should all support him in light of that as he seems to finally be getting all the reins to be A.D. at the University of North Texas. Haven't many of us wondered had he had a chance to have hired a coach back in 2001 post-ULM loss and such a new coach who would have made a 4 year bowl run in a very soft thrown-together Sun Belt Conference yet his hiring of a coach that could have had those 4 bowl teams in the Top 30 (minimum ranking) football schools? blink.gif

** Any guesses how far up the 119 member NCAA D1-A step-ladder even a win over ULaLa will get us ranked this week? rolleyes.gif

Once again, thanks to Rick V and our new UNT prez' for surprising an entire Mean Green Nation (and a donor who would hold us all hostage) with their decision last week and anyone want to know who the ultimate winners of all this will be? How about............

The 2007 Mean Green Football Team & Our Upcoming New Recruits, That's Who!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen