Start the excuses NOW!

tcooper

Let's go ahead and start the DD excuses for next year NOW for whoever they hire as new coach....... EXAMPLES-DD ran the team down, this is why we suck AGAIN this year...DD's recruiting classes sucked, Wait until the NEW coach gets his own recruiting class ECT. ECT. ECT......... Take my word , all of you will make these very excuses for the next 2-3 years if not longer because truth is...NT will never top what DD has done for this university... Not that he did not make mistakes but let's just see if this DREAM coach you all so desire can make it to the BIG time! From what I understand we still play teams like Texas, Oklahoma and Ark. Wait and see if the above happens!

Thanks DD for all you have done for NT!

Let's go ahead and start the DD excuses for next year NOW for whoever they hire as new coach....... EXAMPLES-DD ran the team down, this is why we suck AGAIN this year...DD's recruiting classes sucked, Wait until the NEW coach gets his own recruiting class ECT. ECT. ECT......... Take my word , all of you will make these very excuses for the next 2-3 years if not longer because truth is...NT will never  top what DD has done for this university... Not that he did not make mistakes but let's just see if this DREAM coach you all so desire can make it to the BIG time! From what I understand we still play teams like Texas, Oklahoma and Ark. Wait and see if the above happens!

Give me a break. I wish Mr. Dickey the best but he was not head coaching material. His success can be attributed more to being in the right place at the right time than his expertise with X's and O's.

Let's go ahead and start the DD excuses for next year NOW for whoever they hire as new coach....... EXAMPLES-DD ran the team down, this is why we suck AGAIN this year...DD's recruiting classes sucked, Wait until the NEW coach gets his own recruiting class ECT. ECT. ECT......... Take my word , all of you will make these very excuses for the next 2-3 years if not longer because truth is...NT will never  top what DD has done for this university... Not that he did not make mistakes but let's just see if this DREAM coach you all so desire can make it to the BIG time! From what I understand we still play teams like Texas, Oklahoma and Ark. Wait and see if the above happens!

Nah, I suspect a DD apologist like you will simply make the excuses for us but hang it on Ramone, right?

Remember, like you said in your other 7 posts, it was all Ramone's fault.

Rick

tcooper, all of your other posts blame Flanigan for the problems with the team, but isn't/wasn't DD ultimately responsible? Isn't/wasn't DD Flanigan's boss? How can you place all of the blame on Flanigan and none on Dickey?

You also mentioned that North Texas should hire a West Coast style coach to replace Flanigan. Doesn't the HC make the decision on who his coordinators are and what system is run? If not, then he isn't a real head coach.

You also had this quote in one of your posts:

Think before you type a stupid message and let's get to the real problems here.

Care to expand on this thought or are you referring to Flanigan?

Can you HONESTLY say that UNT would have EVER gone to a bowl game under DD without the Sunbelt?

Let me answer for you, not no but hell no. Boise State would still be stompin our ass. The SBC was the best thing that ever happened to his coaching career. We basically beat up on I-AA teams for 4 years while they transitioned to I-A.

Can you HONESTLY say that UNT would have EVER gone to a bowl game under DD without the Sunbelt?

Let me answer for you, not no but hell no. Boise State would still be stompin our ass. The SBC was the best thing that ever happened to his coaching career. We basically beat up on I-AA teams for 4 years while they transitioned to I-A.

And now they're beating up on us. We used to be King of the Dip$hit$....now we're not even that.

Boy, This guy knows how to get a reaction. Your making friends fast.

EXAMPLES-DD ran the team down, this is why we suck AGAIN this year...DD's recruiting classes sucked, Wait until the NEW coach gets his own recruiting class ECT. ECT. ECT......... Take my word , all of you will make these very excuses for the next 2-3 years if not longer

Uh, these would not be excuses, these would be facts.

No doubt, though, we will see immediate improvement because any new coach will likely have better discipline and put the players in better situations. Then, once he gets some of his own recruits in the starting lineup, there should be significant improvement...and it shouldn't take 3 years. If it does, he too, should be gone.

Uh, these would not be excuses, these would be facts. 

No doubt, though, we will see immediate improvement because any new coach will likely have better discipline and put the players in better situations.  Then, once he gets some of his own recruits in the starting lineup, there should be significant improvement...and it shouldn't take 3 years.  If it does, he too, should be gone.

You are quite right - it’s not an excuse, but a fact.

While I’m sure we will see immediate improvement in discipline, I’m not sure that will translate into a significant number of extra wins. And the sad, but very true fact is it takes most coaches till their first recruiting class is in their redshirt sophomore year to significantly increase the number of wins with a team.

Sometime you get lucky and catch lightning in a bottle, but mostly it takes three long hard years for the fans.

Just an update - the boys came home from practice saying Flanagin was "pouting" all day. Walking around text messaging on the field during practice, saying in front of the team that he would ONLY talk to the players that "didn't get him fired." GROW THE #$%# UP!. That is what the problem has been this entire season...and, sorry guys, but DD HAS ALLOWED THE BEHAVIOR! mad.gif

Just an update - the boys came home from practice saying Flanagin was "pouting" all day.  Walking around text messaging on the field during practice, saying in front of the team that he would ONLY talk to the players that "didn't get him fired."  GROW THE #$%# UP!.  That is what the problem has been this entire season...and, sorry guys, but DD HAS ALLOWED THE BEHAVIOR! mad.gif

Now that is just terrible.