BIGGEST FAIRWEATHER FANS

Koratch

What programs do you think have the biggest fairweather (or worst in my opinion) fans. Fans who aren't happy unless they are spreading doom and gloom

1. Oklahoma

2. North Texas

3. Dallas Cowboy

4. LSU Tigers

5. University of Miami

Also, name a school in the Sun Belt (because the last time I checked, that is the conference we compete in) that wouldn't trade their coaching staff and players for ours in the last five years.

What programs do you think have the biggest fairweather (or worst in my opinion) fans.  Fans who aren't happy unless they are spreading doom and gloom

1.  Oklahoma

2.  North Texas

3.  Dallas Cowboy

4.  LSU Tigers

5.  University of Miami

Also, name a school in the Sun Belt (because the last time I checked, that is the conference we compete in) that wouldn't trade their coaching staff and players for ours in the last five years.

I wouldn't agree with Cowboy fans, because with pro teams, the commited win or lose kind of fan is the exception and not the rule. Believe me, the Cowboys are no different than the Dolphins (where i live here in SoFla).. Speaking of that, you could NOT be more right on about UM.

Anyway, as for your last comment, that kind of logic is lost on a few members of this board. Believe me, I tried. Apparently we should not be compared against members of our own conference, as we are somehow far superior to them and any victory over them is meaningless. I know, I had it all wrong too. Its not worth banging your head against the wall. Sports is a simple diversion that should be enjoyable - how certain folks here get any enjoyment out of the Hunt for Negativity, I just don't know.

Find any other school in the NATION with 4 out of 5 five years with conference championships who then refer to that time period as "wasted years", a "huge step back", and call all of those satisfied with the progress out for having "pathetic expectations"....

But don't worry - it's a very vocal minority.

What programs do you think have the biggest fairweather (or worst in my opinion) fans.  Fans who aren't happy unless they are spreading doom and gloom

1.  Oklahoma

2.  North Texas

3.  Dallas Cowboy

4.  LSU Tigers

5.  University of Miami

This post is so funny to me - what do you want us to say? Gosh we are so happy that after 9 years, this coach has led us to a 40 - 58 record in the WORST D1 conference in America? It is fans that are happy with our record that will keep this university in mediocrety.

This post is so funny to me - what do you want us to say?  Gosh we are so happy that after 9 years, this coach has led us to a 40 - 58 record in the WORST D1 conference in America?  It is fans that are happy with our record that will keep this university in mediocrety.

Looks like Caribbean called his shot. laugh.gif

This post is so funny to me - what do you want us to say?  Gosh we are so happy that after 9 years, this coach has led us to a 40 - 58 record in the WORST D1 conference in America?  It is fans that are happy with our record that will keep this university in mediocrety.

That's the point...most of us don't consider the University of North Texas to be "mediocre".

If 40 - 58 is not, what is?  FYI - most of this country thinks it is.

I'm referring to the University, not just the football team. Last Saturday's loss was disappointing, but I don't feel my degree wasn't cheapened at all. Perhaps my boss should have called me in and said "your alma mater lost on the road, since your credentials aren't what they were last Friday, clear out your desk."

It's a matter of perspective. By your point of view, 60 Division 1-A teams should have fired their coaches on Sunday, since they did not represent their university in the best possible light.

I am looking forward to cheering on the Green this Saturday. I'm guessing that some of you are so disgusted that you will be too embarassed to be seen in Denton. You won't be missed (except at the turnstile).

I'm referring to the University, not just the football team.   Last Saturday's loss was disappointing, but I don't feel my degree wasn't cheapened at all.   Perhaps my boss should have called me in and said "your alma mater lost on the road, since your credentials aren't what they were last Friday, clear out your desk."

It's a matter of perspective.  By your point of view, 60 Division 1-A teams should have fired their coaches on Sunday, since they did not represent their university in the best possible light.

I am looking forward to cheering on the Green this Saturday.  I'm guessing that some of you are so disgusted that you will be too embarassed to be seen in Denton.  You won't be missed (except at the turnstile).

I don't consider the University Mediocre, I consider the football team to be that. Just because I think that though, I will still be at the game saturday, I will still buy my season tickets, and I will NEVER stop rooting for the Green. Went on vacation two weeks ago and took my computer with me just so I could listent to the SMU game. Just because I don't like the current coaching situation or the lack of competitiveness I think we have in the OOC games, doesn't mean I just stop supporting the school where I graduated from and have had season tickets for 25 years! Sorry for expecting more.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

I wouldn't agree with Cowboy fans, because with pro teams, the commited win or lose kind of fan is the exception and not the rule. Believe me, the Cowboys are no different than the Dolphins (where i live here in SoFla).. Speaking of that, you could NOT be more right on about UM.

Anyway, as for your last comment, that kind of logic is lost on a few members of this board. Believe me, I tried. Apparently we should not be compared against members of our own conference, as we are somehow far superior to them and any victory over them is meaningless. I know, I had it all wrong too. Its not worth banging your head against the wall. Sports is a simple diversion that should be enjoyable - how certain folks here get any enjoyment out of the Hunt for Negativity, I just don't know.

Find any other school in the NATION with 4 out of 5 five years with conference championships who then refer to that time period as "wasted years", a "huge step back", and call all of those satisfied with the progress out for having "pathetic expectations"....

But don't worry - it's a very vocal minority.

putz tongue.gif

1.  Oklahoma

2.  North Texas

3.  Dallas Cowboy

4.  LSU Tigers

5.  University of Miami

Fair weather fans are those who show up when you are winning and do not show up when you are losing. As far as I know, except for Jay Dub and Plumm, all of those that are frustrated with the direction of the football team right now still attend games both home and away, buy season tickets, and tailgate.

Your term of fair weather fan does not apply to the vast majority of UNT fans venting frustration. On the contrary, many of these fans are the most loyal and dedicated group you will ever meet and have been through the good and the bad of the program for many years.

Edited by Talon90

Fair weather fans are those who show up when you are winnning and do not show up when you are losing.  As far as I know, except for Jay Dub and Plumm, all of those that are frustrated with the direction of the football team right now still attend games both home and away, buy season tickets, and tailgate.

Your term of fair weather fan does not apply to the vast majority of UNT fans venting frustration.  On the contrary, many of these fans are the most loyal and dedicated group you will ever meet and have been through the good and the bad of the program for many years.

ding ding ding... we have a winner. if we were fairweather fans, we would've stopped coming years ago. if i were a fairweather fan, i never would've paid attention to the team after 1995.

Doom and gloom:

1. Alabama

2. Tennessee

3. Texas

4. Oklahoma

5. Florida State

Fair weather:

1. Miami

2. Texas Tech

3. SMU

4. TCU

5. Colorado

Worst to deal with: (that I've been around)

1. Arkansas (by far)

2. Ags (they're usually ok away when outside Pyle)

3. Texas Tech

4. Oklahoma

5. Texas (sadly)

Worst to deal with: (that I've been around)

1.  Arkansas  (by far)

2.  Ags  (they're usually ok away when outside Pyle)

3.  Texas Tech

4.  Oklahoma

5.  Texas (sadly)

Just as I expected a Shorthorn fan would listing the Hogs #1 in this category. It's okay, we Hogs would rank you #1 laugh.gif

Speaking of fair weather fans, why is it so hard for a university that puts 90,000+ in their football stadium, so hard to sell out their basketball games?

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

Just as I expected a Shorthorn fan would listing the Hogs #1 in this category.  It's okay, we Hogs would rank you #1 laugh.gif

No question. laugh.gif

Speaking of fair weather fans, why is it so hard for a university that puts 90,000+ in their football stadium, so hard to sell out their basketball games?

Good question. I don't know. dry.gif

Edited by LongJim

Because the upper section of the Frank Erwin Center sucks!

You can't possibly tell me that sitting in the top section of the Frank Erwin Center, when the team is in the Top 25 is worse than sitting on the top row of the upper deck at the football game. I call it fairweather myself. Same exact thing goes on at A&M, only it is worse there because they have a really nice new basketball arena.

I don't know about that.  UT doesn't have a big basketball tradition, and never has.

They averaged over 13K for home games last year, so it's better than it's been in a while, for sure.

UT averages around 90,000 for football and 13,000 for b-ball. That is about 14% as many people that show up for football.

UNT averages around 16,000 for football and 2,000 for b-ball. That is about 13%.

Maybe we're not so bad. laugh.gif