New SMU thoughts....

megagreen

I was lucky enough to attend this incredible game at Fouts. Lots of screaming, Woody chanting, and smiling all around. Here are some things I noticed:

1. Officiating was actually pretty good. Not great, but I've seen many a horrendous Big West crew stink up Fouts in years past.

2. Woody Wilson should play from now on. He has the ability to lead the offense up and down the field with consistency. I have not seen this from Phillips and Meager. It just looks like Woody can't wait to try and shred the defense. I love that.

3. It looks to me that Germaine Dawson had another solid game. Very nice for a guy who was not supposed to start this year.

4. Did I notice correctly that Ike Thomas didn't play until the second half? This confuses me because it seems like their O-line had a lot of trouble with him.

5. I have to eat a little bit of crow on this next point. I am a big believer in winning the line of scrimmage and that you can't win games otherwise. I think we actually lost the battle up front all night, but made up for it with great quarterback, linebacker, and receiver play.

This was a great win. I hate to be a sore loser, but I am so glad we beat those arrogant pricks. I wanted us to win this game so bad it hurt.

I still think that Tulsa and Akron are going to be too much for us, but whipping the ponies will almost satisfy me until Sunbelt play starts.

Please respond and let me know your opinions!

Thanks and GMG!