Sr. stats on 2 freshmen walk on QB's

OldTimer

Seems as though he has ideal size. Not sure about speed, but I know he ran for a 2 yrs td in the all-star game, which doesn't say too much though. It will be intresting to see how this kid performs. Oh wait, it just came back to me, he is being moved to DB????

I've not seen this kid play, but FFR says that Tune has great ability, both as an athlete and as a QB. So that means that he'll probably be moved (like Warren was last year) to DB.

You know, if Scott Davis had shown up to play this year as a freshman....they'd probably move him to DB.

I've not seen this kid play, but FFR says that Tune has great ability, both as an athlete and as a QB.  So that means that he'll probably be moved (like Warren was last year) to DB.

You know, if Scott Davis had shown up to play this year as a freshman....they'd probably move him to DB.

Anything that makes for less competition for the appointed RF/DD QB dry.gif

Guest GrayEagleOne

I really don't think that Tune will be moved to DB because of his (lack of) speed. Before his senior year he was listed as 6-2, 170, 4.9. Now, as he grew he could have picked up a little speed but certainly not enough to become a DB.

Besides, he looked better in the all-star game than Harrell, whom everyone seems to have penciled in as the starting quarterback at TT this year. It seems to me that any quarterback that can take his team to a 16-0 state championship season deserves a chance, regardless of the classification. There was only one game where he did not at least double the points scored by the opposition. Celina averaged 50.8 points per game. Their low point total was 27; their high 71. So please, let him run the scout team this year before you consider switching.

According to Rivals, Tune ran 4.72/4.75 40 at TCU Camp last summer and 4.22 Shuttle. Prior to Sr year, led his Team to Rd of 16 at 7 on 7 State Tourn. beating Brownwood, Tyler Lee and John Tyler in pool play. Beat Houston Friendswood in Rd of 32 before losing to Abilene in Rd of 16, 27-21. One of only two 2A teams to qualify for the State Tourn. Only 2A team to make Championship Bracket. Played essentially 2 qrtrs in 14 of 16 games Sr year due to success of power running offense and lopsided scores by halftime. Only real opportunity to show QB/leadership skills came in State Champ and All Star games. Had to learn Spread Offense (and option running), adjust to speed of DBs and Receivers and sideline hand signals for 30 plays in four days. He was one defensive stop and TD (last drive) from being MVP (Off. MVP always on winning team). My son close friend/HS Teammate of Nathan and personally know that he possesses outstanding character and will represent UNT in first class manor.

I've not seen this kid play, but FFR says that Tune has great ability, both as an athlete and as a QB.  So that means that he'll probably be moved (like Warren was last year) to DB.

He is a QB all the way. Will not be put a DB.