New Business building..

Stan R

NT Daily

Looks like by 2008 or so the new Business building will be completed if all goes as planned. Funding is available now.

There's another article in today's daily that mentions the two new dorms have begun construction. That would be the Honors Dorm and (liberty?)

Edited by Stan R

I don't like how they said that the building won't look like any other on campus. Why can't they make it similar? I know all buildings aren't the same, but they have the same general look. It's great to be getting a new building, but I don't know about the looks.

I don't like how they said that the building won't look like any other on campus.  Why can't they make it similar?  I know all buildings aren't the same, but they have the same general look.  It's great to be getting a new building, but I don't know about the looks.

"This building will be unlike any other on campus," Escalante said. "It will be state-of- the-art."

I don't think they said it will look different than the other buildings, just that it will be state of the art. Hopefully that doesn't mean it will look like a geodesic dome

laugh.gif

I'll reserve judgement until I actually see design plans.

Edited by Stan R

our campus is already a walk through the architectual whims of the last century, why not add another odd fitting piece.

Big Red Box with few windows...Build It!

Mothras Cocoon...Heck Yes!

Cant wait to see what todays building trends bring us in the new Business Building.

our campus is already a walk through the architectual whims of the last century, why not add another odd fitting piece.

Big Red Box with few windows...Build It!

Mothras Cocoon...Heck Yes!

Cant wait to see what todays building trends bring us in the new Business Building.

It will be very dangerous to put a bad looking building in that area. That area (site of current wellness building, right?) will be right next to some classic buildings like Chilton hall. Would look horrendous in anything but classic university architecture. I hope they realize this, but I'm not holding out hope.

But I'm still amazed by the continuing amount of construction now going on at UNT. Let's recap:

~20Million new Dorm - under construction (Honors)

~16Million new Dorm - under construction (Liberty?)

~25Million new health center - under construction

~50Million new Business building (construction to begin around 2007/08)

.. New chemistry building.. Potentially in next couple years

Am I missing anything? That is over 100 million in construction. Pretty amazing.

i have two questions.

is there anyway i can see design plans of all these new projects, because i walk by the constuction sites and have no idea what to be happy for other than new stuff.

also with all this new building is unt uping its academic REKRIERMENTS, i got in and have good grades.

Guest e-bone

i have two questions.

is there anyway i can see design plans of all these new projects, because i walk by the constuction sites and have no idea what to be happy for other than new stuff.

also with all this new building is unt uping its academic REKRIERMENTS, i got in and have good grades.

Thank you so much.

It's hard to think of the old Business building that I spent so many hours in being used for something else. But building a "state of the art" business building is good for the university in the long run.

If only they can figure out how to get the business students actually caring about their university.