Interesting Photo History site

NTEagle08

Found this through an article on the DRC website. The site has about 550 photos through Denton's history.

The Portal of Texas History

Also found this picture, which is inaccurately labeled Fouts Field since the info on the pirture is circa 1935.

http://texashistory.unt.edu/data/DG06/DPL/...34/pf_b-229.jpg

Edited by NTEagle08

What you are looking at in that picture is the current Willis library mall. That is where the old stadium was located. When I was an undergrad in the late '60's, the track was still there.

---The track was still there in 1966 when I graduated but was gone by 1971 when I was working on a masters, the new library was open and finished.. There was still a partial rock ticket booth between the ad building and the music building as late as 1975 near a driveway.

---The track was still there in 1966 when I graduated but was gone by 1971 when I was working on a masters, the new library was open and finished.. There was still a partial rock ticket booth between the ad building and the music building as late as 1975 near a driveway.

The part of the service road that curves around the NW corner of the library is a remnant of the track. They just paved over it.

When I was in High School, we attended a spring UIL band contest at North Texas. I think it was either the spring of 65 or 66. During a break, we stood out on the back porch of the old Lab School and watched the spring Greek Olympics. The track was fully intact then, as were the west stands.

Edited by SilverEagle

The part of the service road that curves around the NW corner of the library is a remnant of the track. They just paved over it.

When I was in High School, we attended a spring UIL band contest at North Texas. I think it was either the spring of 65 or 66. During a break, we stood out on the back porch of the old Lab School and watched the spring Greek Olympics. The track was fully intact then, as were the west stands.

http://texashistory.unt.edu/permalink/meta-pth-14749:1

Here's a better photo of the track before the library was built there. Can you imagine how cool it would have been had someone thought ahead to keep the stadium in the middle of campus much like Nebraska's is today?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Guest JohnDenver

The information sciences building (ISB). Some of the old library "stacks" are still there.

That is what I thought too ... It isn't nearly as impressive as it was when it was new.

user posted image

I found this site a few months back while looking for something else. Found a picture of my roommate in '72-'73 and a picture of the Radio-TV-Film Club members. I can't figure out why I'm not in it. I must have had class or work or something when it was taken. Wonder where they are now.

GMG!

Edited by NTEdgex2