The Wussification of America Continues

LongJim

So your basically calling the rest of us stupid because we didn't teach for a living for a longer period of time that you?  By "us" I mean, those individuals including myself who recieved our education at what initially began as and for the most part still is a "TEACHERS' SCHOOL"?

---I have never called or implied anyone was stupid or anything else on this board. I show respect for others. My history post was about us invading another country without first being attacked or being declared war against. A person corrected me about WWII but his correction was in error. I did not insult him, just posted a site that stated facts. He did not take offense. None of us are always correct. I have even talked to you "in person" several times and that went ok, but now you seem to dislike me big-time just because I think the Iraq war was a wrong. Obviously you don't know who I am when you see me. I even bought a "NT trailor hitch plug" and some shirts from you personally. You mentioned Black Scholes but he has never insulted me or I him. Besides you are are an intelligent person and don't need his help commenting. Scholes and I don't always agree........ big deal. This America, we state opinions as long as we are polite about it. ---I love the Jefferson quote above by Silver Eagle, some people need to remember this-----

---I do not understand why you have a problem with me. I have never insulted you or even suggested what is wrong with firefighting or anything about you. I do think a few years in the classroom gives me more insight that someone who has never walked into one. I am tired of the way the Texas Legislature is now treating education and I have a right to say so. I guess I could suggest that the way to improve firefighting to to double the number of fireplugs especially around chemical plants and oil refineries but I doubt that is correct, I have no experience at firefighting. Experience does count for something in any field including education. I have degrees in math/physics --not education, but teach. I am far from stupid as you seem to think I am. My sons are even computer engineers and one is in law school [not at North Texas, ours was passed but not funded], so we are not a family of total stupids.

---I comment on education because people keep electing the guys that are not supporting education including North Texas...[where is the funds for the law school?] They cut 3/4 Billion from the university budgets in 2003 and tuition climbed to make up the shortfall, and then did not even pass a state budget in 2005 which effect universities and public schools, meanwhile they keep passing more "testing programs" which improve nothing despite what many people think....actualy it hurts by taking hours of time away from meaningful instruction for years... Even Strayhorn had had enough of them and went independent. The state once paid about 2/3 of the public education budget but now it is approaching only 1/3 and that is part of the reason property taxes have gotten so high because local districts have had to pick up more of the bill.. I am sure you know that because of the occupation you are in --or do you kept up with education issues as educators do? Who is elected does matter, they set taxes, spend money, and get us in and out of wars. It is not about which party they claim to be or how religious they claim to be but how honest they are and the decisions they make.

--Sorry that you do not like my posts but all of us have a right to speak as long as we are polite.....even if we don't say things you agree with.

Football needs to start!!!!

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of us are always correct. 

Are you sure? I mean, 40 years of teaching is 40 years you know? Surely your the only one who could have split hair and caught onto the fact that Jack was a nats ass hair wrong about when the U.S. declared war on Germany? Your constant restatements and arguements about written fact that you linked in the first place implies that the rest of us are either stupid or cannot decide for ourselves what is what from reading written history. The fact is, we stepped in then officially, and would have done so even without Pearl eventually, in order to help right a wrong and the decision to go into Iraq and Afghanistan is very similar, which is what Plummer was referring to in the first place. The U.S. is the big boy on the block. When people need help, we have and will always be asked to step up and help out, wussies or no wussies. Sickening as it is, I'm nearly certain that if asked we would again go bail France out of another jam.

Ah the French, always there when they need you.

And for the record, I don't dislike you not at all. I dislike the fact that you continue to imply your political views every chance you get. We get it. We get it that you don't like George Bush and anything that seems to be connected with his or his administrations' decisions.

Speaking of political clout: FirefightnRick officially supports Kinky for Governor. That alone should earn him the election rolleyes.gif

Rick

---Actually HE tried to correct what I said. I just restated what I had said earlier with a website......He did not get upset but you did.....You may want to read back and see.....Why did you not go after HIM about the knats-hair instead of me.

---I don't dislike Bush, he and Laura once lived a 1/2 mile from me in Midland and he would jog by my house during the early 80's... I just hate his decision to go to Iraq and put American soldiers lives in danger. He should have been more certain about his claims before going to war. Most Europeans did not support him because they did believe there were any WND either. The Sudan was a bigger problem with ethnic cleansing even then and Al-Queda was located there.

-- I don't care for the current Texas Legislature leadership which continues to hurt education...I have also had personal dealings with Craddock as well, end of comment. Do you really believe the last Perry ad. that he reduced your homeowners tax by $2000 and teachers will get a $2000 raise. The money can't be there to do this and fund schools and other programs properly. It costs a "given amt" to fund programs in this state so where is that money going to come from???? If it works I will be amazed---- after the elections we will likely find that there are serious state financial problems.... stay tuned, you read it here. You should understand because your job (fire-fighting) is tax-supported as well.

---Kinky: I met him briefly at a HS where my wife works about 3 weeks ago here in Midland (even have his signature now). Interesting guy, rather crude talking but interesting. I don't think he will win but will get a large percent of the votes which many doubt he will. I suspect most of his support will be young voters and from those who rarely vote, maybe 15-20% which is lot considering there are 4 name candidates and several minor ones (Liberiterians etc.). I am guessing 35% will win. Should be interesting about Oct/Nov.

---I introduced myself to you in Austin as SE-66 while eating BBQ and have talked to you at least two other times, once in Waco and I think twice in Denton, once when I bought the trailor-plug. Obviously I did not make much of an impression, maybe I should have worn a "green Speedo". or green-spiked hair. LOL.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66