Patrick Cobbs a victim of 2-9 season.....

I dismiss the quality of competition factor.  If quality of competition factored in then the Sunbelt wouldn't have had one of it's players taken as the 11th overall pick in the '05 draft in Demarcus Ware of Troy. 

Rick

His very good game against Missouri when Troy beat them was probably the difference... Plus they almost defeated LSU as well.... That got their player some attention.

Who have we beaten lately out of conference to obtain attention.????

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

1) The teams record had nothing to do with Patrick not getting drafted.

2) Splitting carries for most of the season hurt his numbers quite a bit.

3) Nothing hurt him more than that first slow time, even with the do over. Draft people get so paranoid about workout numbers, that they can get tunnel vision on everything else.

4) Some people in 1aa are there not because they were not great athletes, but they could qualify for the tougher 1a academic standards.

5) I think Patrick will get a shot with someone. His ability to block, he willingness to play special teams, he attitude will give him a good shot to stick with some team.

6) I don't think this post had anything that wasn't said already by someone else, I just like to hear myself type.

7) Bring back the script.

Baylor, 2003. DUH!  laugh.gif

That was Cobbs' sophomore year and a long time for scouts to remember. Lately would be last year or maybe the year before. Besides Baylor was awful that year so it likely did not impress very many people, especially outside of Texas.

That was Cobbs' sophomore year and a long time for scouts to remember. Lately would be last year or maybe the year before.  Besides Baylor was awful that year so it likely did not impress very many people, especially outside of Texas.

I know, that was my point. I was just joking. sarcasm doesnt translate well in print... biggrin.gif