Read 'em and Weep

DeepGreen

Major Applewhite just signed with Rice to be their OC.

Obviously our program does not care about discipline or changing a broken system. dry.gif

Oh my! I just got this mental picture of the North Texas fans as "Tiny Tim Cratchit" looking through the toy store window as "Tiny Tim's" favorite toy is being handed to another child. ....... Sigh!!! sad.gif

Major Applewhite just signed with Rice to be their OC.

Obviously our program does not care about discipline or changing a broken system. dry.gif

That's probably the saddest aspect of this entire last season. No other D-1A University Athletic Dept. would have let an Offensive Coordinator get away with the reprehensible conduct shown by RF. Apology or not attacking a fan is an automatic dismissal ANYWHERE else. I am deeply disappointed in our A D's lack of fortitude in handling what is quickly becoming an outlaw program. Players like T. J. Covington who proved to be nothing but a trash talking mouth with no game to back it up were the personality of this team. A head coach who is not only aloof to the fans, but a whinner using excuses ( Lack of facilities, lesser pay, youth, etc. , etc.) and attacking the fans verbally when he isn't just ignoring them has lead to a program that is only a 1-A pretender that will never be a contender under this regime. huh.gif

That's probably the saddest aspect of this entire last season. No other D-1A University Athletic Dept. would have let an Offensive Coordinator get away with the reprehensible conduct shown by RF. Apology or not attacking a fan is an automatic dismissal ANYWHERE else. I am deeply disappointed in our A D's lack of fortitude in handling what is quickly becoming an outlaw program. Players like T. J. Covington who proved to be nothing but a trash talking mouth with no game to back it up were the personality of this team. A head coach who is not only aloof to the fans, but a whinner using excuses ( Lack of facilities, lesser pay, youth, etc. , etc.) and attacking the fans verbally when he isn't just ignoring them has lead to a program that is only a 1-A pretender that will never be a contender under this regime. huh.gif

All such happenings, Dallas Green, has to be looked at and approved (or disapproved) by the NT Board of Regents (usually led by its chairman).

If our own NT Board of Regents (who know whats going on on any Game Day) don't call people on the carpet over such acts as Ramone Flanagan pulled with Silver Eagle, that (basically) means they don't seem too alarmed with such acts with some of the very constituency they'd like to support UNT with their butts in seats and financial donations annually. If we do have such a pro-athletic Board of Regents at UNT (as advertised), then they need to start doing others things in the area of personnel to help this ship go forward; that is than just approving facilities to be built that are merely allowing us to keep our spot reserved at the NCAA Division One table (and that be 1-A or 1-AA) because we are still to this day behind in football facilities and have been most my adult life.

Unfortunately, now at UNT we seem to have a "private school-like" elitest kind of bullying leadership and a "to hell what the UNT constituency wants" elitest attitude coming from our leaders that we have never had at UNT and all this seemedly beginning when we were delivered a Chancellor who has 2 degrees at 2 private universities (and still no Phd). I don't think all this will continue to play well in Denton and in due time for those who would like to continue to persevere all this, it will eventually come back to bite them in the butt (if they are still around). But we all know whatever the fruits of their labor are, all of us most assuredly will be left behind to taste that fruit whether it be bittor or sweet, now want we?

Sadly and most ironically, Darrell Dickey is one of the most unpopular "successful" coaches I've ever witnessed, read about or even heard about in my 40 plus years of following NCAA college football. It is an amazing story where there is such a unique relationship between a coach and much of its local fan base. You'd think some high ranking officials at UNT might eventually start asking questions as to why things have degenerated to this level , except I think they fear they will get plenty of the kind of answers they are (still) not willing to listen to that might even force them to start thinking about making some personnel changes.

Time will take care of all this eventually. Some of our elect will just have to let all this play itself out (and I suppose with our NT officials approval just completely bottom out) so we can begin to eventually build a foundation that will allow us to reach Top 25 status. We do not have that kind of foundation today in Denton.

What is also sad to me is how I don't think in today's NCAA D1-A football any non BCS school like UNT can ill afford to throw even one season away (which would be 2 for us if 2006 proves to be a bust) just because some on our campus are still deferring to what they perceive to be success in our football program; strangely enough, though, a success that no local, regional or national media outlets (outside the PollyAnna'ish Denton Record Chronicle) have yet to recognize, least of all a success that still hasn't gotten our head football coach even one job interview at a higher profile NCAA D1-A school.

I wonder why that "no high profile job interview scenario" (alone) doesn't seem to be some sort of red flag for UNT officials? None of this just really makes much sense and I supppose NT leaders are just going to allow all this to hit rock bottom before they make any bold, decisive decisions on matters that would not be difficult to make at most all the other NCAA D1-A locales or outposts.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen