Wright Waters gettin' it done.

CajunNation

http://forums.delphiforums.com/RaginCajuns...es/?msg=19779.1

To: Tech77 (LaTechDog77) (36 of 45)

19779.36 in reply to 19779.35

Next year you will get one additional bowl with the extra BCS game being created. Special note since you are dissatisifed with Benson as your commissioner, the extra game which will be played at the BCS title game site, funds the extra BCS revenue sharing with the non-auto berth leagues that starts next year. No existing bowl was willing to bid to be that game unless they were in the title rotation. The BCS Four were unwilling to sign off on a deal that added another title rotation bowl. The deal was on the verge of collapse until WRIGHT WATERS suggested that a new bowl be created that would rotate to the title sites and the local ticket purchasers will be required to buy both games in the title game years to insure the game produces enough revenue. If that game existed this year, Tech probably would have been in a bowl because Oregon would have made the extra game, shorting the Las Vegas and sending Tech to Hawaii if not to the Music City or Independence Bowl depending on whether Miami or Auburn got the other slot in the game. You could have had a bowl thanks to the negotiating skills of the Sun Belt commissioner smile.gif

Because of that game, I don't know if the NCAA will approve a 30th bowl for 2006. I have my doubts.

But I do think the 30th bowl will be approved no later than 2009, probably sooner. Right now we know South Carolina wants one but the NCAA Confederate Flag mess will keep them at bay. Toronto supposedly wants one as well but certifying a foreign game is problematic. Different currency, different laws to comply with, issues with travel now that re-entering the US is going to require more documentation, issues as to the catastrophic insurance coverage, etc. I think there is an outstanding chance that the 30th bowl game will be in Lafayette and right now if I were betting, I'd wager it will pit Sun Belt vs. MAC or CUSA and the New Orleans Bowl will pit Sun Belt vs. CUSA or ACC.

rolleyes.gif

see above