A Bad Precedent Being Set

Koratch

This is a hot topic in Oklahoma. What do you guys think?

The story-

Shawnee quarterback Tucker Brown was ejected for kicking a player in the head in a quarterfinal playoff game. According to OSSAA (Oklahoma Secondary Schools Activity Association) rules, a player ejected for fighting must sit out two games (meaning he would miss the semi-finals and the finals). Shawnee Head Coach Billy Brown, who also happens to be Tucker Brown's father, filed an injunction in court and the court stepped in and said he could play. The OSSAA, sticking by their guns, postponed the game. Shawnee claims that a player from the other school had punched one of his players and didn't get ejected so why should his son get ejected for kicking the other player in the head. The play happened with :19 left in the game as Shawnee was downing the ball to run out the clock.

Behind the story:

Tucker Brown started a baseball brawl last spring and was let off the hook. Shawnee is notorious for cheap shots and a general lack of class. Shawnee does not have a snowball's chance of winning if he doesn't play. The Governor of Oklahoma (who is from Shawnee and is a big Shawnee supporter) said the officials let the game get out of hand (video evidence shows there were no problems or controversial calls until the last :19).

What this means:

The state playoffs in this class will be pushed back two weeks at least and may not be played until after the first of the year. This is a dangerous precedent to be setting.

wow I guess that dad is getting ready to help his son join any number of thug College Teams, guess the lack of personal responsibility is more rampant than I thought and what judge in their right mind would allow this kid to play?? What he did basically amounts to assault, unless he is playing soccer huh.gif

wow I guess that dad is getting ready to help his son join any number of thug College Teams, guess the lack of personal responsibility is more rampant than I thought and what judge in their right mind would allow this kid to play?? What he did basically amounts to assault, unless he is playing soccer  huh.gif

Article from OKLA paper paints a different picture.

QB was kneeling to run out clock when a player from the other team dives over the line and drills him. This is a bit different than a kick, paper does not say it was in head, for no reason.

Lawsuit to void suspension was filed by players mother.

i couldn't tell anything from that video

What? It's very clear.

After the kick, you can see his head snap back... and to the left.

*rewind*

Back... and to the left.

*rewind*

Back... and to the left.

*rewind*

Back... and to the left.

*rewind*

Back... and to the left.

*rewind*

Back... and to the left.

laugh.gif

Oh, and since this is a reply to a Moot post... ph34r.gifph34r.gifph34r.gif